• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Ok, so here goes... new to this as im sure u can tell. So how does this go?? Do i just spill out all my issues involving anxiety??

K

Katie1234

Ok, so here goes... new to this as im sure u can tell. So how does this go?? Do i just spill out all my issues involving anxiety

S

Shay94

Welcome to the forum, share as much info as you want here. We all experience anxiety in some way so those experiencing same thing you are will be able to tell you their story/how they cope with things etc. Plus we all need to be supportive of each other, especially now as we're going thru the pandemic

K

Katie1234

Thank you xx iv suffered with bulimia for maybe 13 years now and my anxiety began not long after that really. My anxiety can go from one extreme to another instantaneously. I'll always remember my first panic attack, walking down the stairs and all of a sudden my arms started tingling, then pins and needles, couldn't catch my breath for no love nor money! I was convinced I was having a heart attack! 10 mins later I was fine!! Legs trembling with adrenaline! Since I can get anxiety attacks for no apparent reason

S

Shay94

No worries, its what we're here for 😊 sorry for late reply, been stressed n busy with family things going on atm. Am finally having my down time and not looking after kids so thought I'd check n see if any new posts had come up. I'm sorry to hear you're anxiety is bad, I have those sorts moments as well especially today when I'm extremely over tired n exhausted but my body just doesn't wanna shut off. That's when my anxiety really kicks in

K

Katie1234

I'm the same!! Sometimes I just want to switch my brain off. I overthink everything, get panic attacks pretty frequent now. I dont even have the stress of children like yourself!! X

S

Shay94

These are my younger sisters, I don't have any kids of my own. I'm helping to look after them atm as my mother is currently in hospital. One is out at a friend's house and the other one is with me at home but she has one of her friends over, which is good. Gives me a chance to relax and have bit of time to myself. I wish I could just switch my brain off sometimes, its not easy being constantly worried/stressed & hardly slept all weekend so I'm exhausted :(

K

Katie1234

I hear you! I'm on fluoxetine 60mg daily but even that doesn't make my thoughts and feelings disappear! I hope your mum gets bk on her feet x

S

Shay94

I'm also on meds to be taken daily. Its slow progress but I think they're starting to work little bit, I'm more anxious bout going into the hospital to visit her later. The kids aren't gonna handle it well & I'm not sure I will either, I can already feel my anxiety starting to creep back in & I have a headache. And thank you, I really appreciate it, hopefully she'll be able to come home tomorrow. I've barely had any sleep over the weekend, too much stress/worry & kids are so emotional coz she's not home