• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

oh I've just realised after reading your helpful information

H

hipchick

I have bipolar 1, but now I recognize that I have an eating disorder. I am a binge eater, I don't purge, but I overeat and make commentation about how I'm getting fat. I'm seeing my GP on Friday, I ending if it's there that I ask for help or my psychiatrist

H

hipchick

I have bipolar 1, but now I recognize that I have an unhealthily relationship with food. I am an overeater, no purging, but I often will eat the food that I'm not allowed to eat when my husband is around, and have hidden chocolate in the past. I've mentioned this to my key worker so I hope to get help.

I will eat in between meals and always eat when I'm not hungry so for comfort in other words. I had a baby three months ago and I hate my body because I had to go back on meds and I stopped breast feeding so still have my pregnancy fat to get rid of.

What have you done to help overcome over eating?

calypso

calypso

Admin
I think we "swallow" our emotions at times and that can lead to over eating. Are you perhaps depressed or anxious a lot of the time? I think you need to see your doctor about this. It is something that can be helped. Have you tried any exercise programmes to help you overcome your baby fat? Its hard though with a new baby in tow, I understand.