Oh I must be better now then?

I

indigo6

As this referrals action plan is now coming to an end (20 ish therapy appointments and 10 wellbeing appointments and unwanted meds) This is it is it?

I noticed it last time and a few months later I relapsed I ended up being referred by mhct. I dont understand how there is no summary or follow on to see where you are at as these services end. Not for me anyway I dont know if its me or my area. Or does depression/ soc anx /anx not count? But doesnt it make sense?

Im kind of dangling now, Im not well. Im not as bad as I was but no Im not all fixed off you go. Ive had to be proactive from the start. That is crazy when you feel youre a waste of space anyway. How has it worked for others?

I always have said there needs to be a safety net, an online once a month check in, like if you had diabetes and it was being handled you would still take a blood test.

write

write

I'm sorry that you're feeling left, services don't seem to understand that cutting someone off doesn't help recovery. They are very stretched but this is no excuse for treating people poorly imo.
I was discharged in a horrible way last year after almost 2 decades in mh services. No communication with my GP, no explanation, no plan, nothing. They don't expect me to get better, neither do they see any issue with the treatment that has done harm. My trust was shattered.
Maybe you can ask your GP to signpost for some other support services, advice? I wish you well x

I

indigo6

Thats crazy write, if u had a heart condition for 20yrs they wouldnt do that.

Im already thinking ahead (self managing) and will start going to drop in again just to feel theres back up noy that theyre obligated but I will be around same.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Sadly thats the way it works with mental health issues, as soon as they decide they cant do anything more to help they "discharge" you from their workload and if you need more help? its tough luck just get on with it :sorry:

in my experience anyways :sorry:

I

indigo6

Its re referral here but Id rather a follow u service. Feel vulnerable.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Its re referral here but Id rather a follow u service. Feel vulnerable.
yeah here in the UK you can re refer yourself in in theory, but in practice in my experience they want to kick you out as soon as they can and not have you back in for help :sorry:

I

indigo6

Yes thats why no follow up. Sorry didnt realise u UK too.

Z

Zoe1

this has been a constant struggle for me
always fighting to get my needs met
writing letters and reports,
taking things to the Ombudsman
involving advocates and solicitors

I wish they would just say
that although you need more help
that they cant afford it
rather than just saying you dont need the help !

:hug5:

I

indigo6

The people who find it so hard to speak up shouldnt have to be proative and chase help.
TBF...Last year they explained once the plan was through I go back out into the world and if I need more help I just start again, come in see GP. They admitted they cant afford nor have constant services. I quess thats the privilege of private. But I really think something in the background is essential- a check in. Im not well, Im better than was (I was right on the edge) but not right and I dont think I ever will be and now as before Im let loose to see if I can cope.

Z

Zoe1

yes I totally agree with you indigo
a check in sounds a great idea

I always felt the support should be tapered off ,
reducing it slowly
while allowing me to build other connections

and always they said that they would not do that
because I would never end it
which I dont think is the case

well now I do have a monthly check in
but that was only after I was hospitalised
and even after that it was my step mother
that insisted I should have ongoing support

:hug5:

I

indigo6

Now see how your stepmother had to intervene...that shouldnt happen...I feel for how many people out there just cant summon up the temporary confidence to speak up.
Im so worried about that door closed feeling. I can see though that it can be something that a patient can get too used to and not try to cope alone? I admit it. Perhaps its what they know and must let patients go so can try to cope. I know that the worst thing to do for anxiety is to feed it with reassurance.
Still a simple short online check in is still a good idea.

Z

Zoe1

that is interesting
I dont see how you can help an anxious person
without offering reassurance ?
there is yes a dependency issue

I'm finding recently
that I can sometimes overcome my own anxiety
by reassuring someone else

which is a new thing I'm working on

I think reassurance needs to be offered
and then tapered off
rather like weaning a baby

I

indigo6

Reassurance can be different depths? What I mean is keeping up with the same level of contact and intervention is different to a not too personal or emotional mh check. No meetings no 1 hr of CBT or talking. Just there in the background. Even a monthly log in and a questionnaire is better than nothing.Reassuring without the personal part.

Z

Zoe1

well yes we appear to be saying the same thing

from deep support with CBT or other talking therapy
tapering off to the monthly log in and questionnaire

my experience they always rush the tapering off
and leave you in the lurch

and they will say its what you need
when actually its about funding !

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
my gp gave me an ecg a month ago and thinks i may have had a heart attack in the past, my drugs are contraindicated for a heart condition, i don't know about services leaving me, i might have to see a psychiatrist for a med change, theres no pleasing some people, a psychiatrist who hardly knows me changing my meds, i think i have a right to be a miserable old git, changing my drugs to something which may not be as good in controlling the things my drugs control, all on the presenting symptoms, from some psychiatrist who sees me the most for 10 mins and has never seen my difficulties in groups

I

indigo6

Zoe: true, its all about money really.
Ram:What an oversight Wont help you feel good about yourself. You know its not you, its time and money.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
yes it's all about money same as when hitler called the disabled hungry mouths. it was the cost and cheaper to gas them

i'd have cost them consideribly more if i wasn't med compliant