• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Oh great

L

Lab rat

I was against having the vaccine, but mrs lab rat bullied me into it. Now it’s all over the internet that Astra Zeneca vaccine can cause blood clots to the brain! Why me? 😞

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

As far as I know - it mainly affects younger folk and even then it is very low risk.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
It looks like the number of people who have had the AZ jab is into eight digits and the amount of people who have experienced blood clots are just in the double digits.

I'd say the odds are in your favour. But I'll wish you good luck all the same.

Sorry she bullied you into it though, I'm pro choice myself. I wouldn't want it forced on anyone.

L

Lab rat

Thanks guys 🤗 puts my mind at rest somewhat

C

Chemstyle

Try not to worry, I think out of the 18 million people who have had the AZ vaccine I think only 7 people have developed this blood clot so it’s very unlikely.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
There is a lot of scary information about this the last couple of days. Ive got my 2nd asta Zenica on Saturday and as i have a blood clotting disorder it really worried me. But in a medical discussion on this mornings news it was put in to perspective. The risk of a clot is 1 in 600,000. Yet if your a female and on the pill the risk of blood clot is 1 in 100. Yet many millions of women dont worry about that. And they also asked how many of us read the side effects of a basic paracetamol before we take it. The list is frightening. They did say on the news if you had no problem with the first then you will be fine with the second.
All the same i will mention my blood disorder on Saturday just to put my mind at rest

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

There is a lot of scary information about this the last couple of days. Ive got my 2nd asta Zenica on Saturday and as i have a blood clotting disorder it really worried me. But in a medical discussion on this mornings news it was put in to perspective. The risk of a clot is 1 in 600,000. Yet if your a female and on the pill the risk of blood clot is 1 in 100. Yet many millions of women dont worry about that. And they also asked how many of us read the side effects of a basic paracetamol before we take it. The list is frightening. They did say on the news if you had no problem with the first then you will be fine with the second.
All the same i will mention my blood disorder on Saturday just to put my mind at rest
hope your second one goes well, daffy :hug:

Hermes63

Hermes63

Me too...had mine a few weeks ago--all good, in fact it masked my schizophrenic symptoms for 24 hours...blissful respite...suggests a chemical imbalance in my case.