• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Often Following Rules Voices Evoke Is ... Frankly... Childish

M

ms_lister

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm not putting people down for being shocked or surprised or even fearful of the voice experience. But it is a lot like going out on an elemetary playground. It's and experience that teaches one thing: Sticks and Stones Can Break My Bones, But Words Can Never Hurt Me.

Everntually, either early or late in the process, we get wise to it. We grow up. Instead opening the door for those voices which are negative and domineering, we start to listen like theives and rob their power, right out from under them.

Take a lesson from the girls on the elementary school play ground, not in literal interpretation, but figuratively with the same kind of cunning and guile that most females have to develop in their life time to deal with "boyz". Let the voices chase you around, let them catch you, look them over, find the big juicy balls and kick like fucking mule. Listen to the voices occasionally, and listen well, like a theif, and when youi have found that little bit of error, Exploit it ruthlessly.

Otherwise, we will spend the rest of our short lives on drugs designed to rob us of emotion, sleep, wakefulness, and all the varied experiences, good and bad that we came here for. If we live in fear of verbal expression, then we will end up in ghettos, hospitals, as drug addicts and be shuffled into nursing homes when the drugs have finally demented our brains, and then comes the funeral pire, with only the persons shouving dead bodies into the oven and shouveling the ashes in to box.

The alternative is deal with the playground according to the playgrounds rules and not be childish anymore. This is what I have done to the extent I have. But I am older and far less patient and subject to the will of illegitimate authority.

We need to stop thinking we are sick and somehow need to shut off. We need to wake up and wake all the little boys and girls to the fact that voice hearing isn't a tragedy, just like to school and leaving mom and dad later to be an adult is not a tragedy, it is triumph.

M

ms_lister

ACCOUNT CLOSED
If you hear voices, You Have Arrived To Real Party, not the bullshit pre-school crap you thought was reality.