• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Off to meet my employers this afternoon

Prince Buster

Prince Buster

This is going to be a real big test for me. I still am not sure that they appreciate the severity of the situation even though I have been off for over three months now.

I know I shouldn't but I can feel myself getting anxious about the prospect of meeting up. I hope I tell them exactly what I want to and don't mess things up.

A

Affective

This is going to be a real big test for me. I still am not sure that they appreciate the severity of the situation even though I have been off for over three months now.

I know I shouldn't but I can feel myself getting anxious about the prospect of meeting up. I hope I tell them exactly what I want to and don't mess things up.
I sincerely wish you all the luck in the world mate!

Prince Buster

Prince Buster

Thanks for that. Got to try and find someway of staying calm between now and this afternoon.

Jo1760

Jo1760

Hey PB,

I just wanted to send you a good luck wish for this afternoon. I hope things go well and you are able to stand your ground when talking to your employers. I can't imagine how you are feeling at the moment. I hope you manage to find something to distract you in the meantime.

Take care and Good luck. X

Prince Buster

Prince Buster

Thanks Jo.

I am frantically surfing the net. My concentration is not the best at the minute and those relaxation techniques I am sceptical about aren't workinbg the best!

Prince Buster

Prince Buster

That went a lot better than I was expecting. I ended up taking my dad with me and afterwards he said how well I put my points across and how well the whole thing went.

My work have said to me that I can basically have a clean sheet and come back and do whatever I like (within reason of course).

They added that my phazed return to work would start however I would like it to - from just one day a month if that is what I choose.

I told them that I obviously need more time, so they said they will leave me be for the time being and be in touch again in a month.

Feel very positive about the whole situation now. :)

rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
That's great to hear - it must be a weight off your mind - I hope you can now focus on recovery rather than worrying about work. Take care :hug:

A

Affective

That went a lot better than I was expecting. I ended up taking my dad with me and afterwards he said how well I put my points across and how well the whole thing went.

My work have said to me that I can basically have a clean sheet and come back and do whatever I like (within reason of course).

They added that my phazed return to work would start however I would like it to - from just one day a month if that is what I choose.

I told them that I obviously need more time, so they said they will leave me be for the time being and be in touch again in a month.

Feel very positive about the whole situation now. :)
Well done mate, there ya go!

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Well done!

My work never requested a meeting, even after 2 years - I think they felt a tinge of guilt regarding my situation.

Prince Buster

Prince Buster

The whole thing has brought around a big reversal in how I feel. Things are going good now. I even managed to go to the pub last night - the first time I have been out on a Friday night since October.

S

SmileyGirl

So glad for you, you deserve everything positive after whats gone on.

I wish I could conduct myself as well as you can x x x x

Prince Buster

Prince Buster

Don't be so hard on yourself SG. And I never said anything about conducting myself well. ;)