Off the ledge

6ofusathome

After 3 days of being happy and hyper and productive I crashed hard yesterday. Sat in a parking lot googling suicide. I know I would never follow through unless the demons got more powerful and convinced me otherwise.

A friend came and sat with me. I told her today that she pulled me off the proverbial ledge. Not because I would have jumped but because when you stand on the ledge crying you may just lose your balance and fall.

Today doesn’t seen as bad, as dark. If you are in the darkest day hold on. Perhaps your tomorrow will be even a tad brighter.

Still very depressed. My kids are all awake and half have eaten brrakfast and I am still in bed but I don't want to die this morning so that is a plus.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

6ofusathome yes life sure is tough. i have looked at similar sites. not brill today but i have used anger to get me doing stuff and being just a little bit radical whilst i am it. because when the anger goes the depression comes

Foxjo

Foxjo

Forum Safety Team
Today doesn’t seen as bad, as dark. If you are in the darkest day hold on. Perhaps your tomorrow will be even a tad brighter.
I agree. I have really down days, i can have a sleep (for an hour or so) and wake up in a completely different mood. Thats the things about depression! Its so changable. So yes the advice is always to just hold on.
hugs
Fox
xx

BigAma

BigAma

Do something that might even your emotional state. Be very active during the day and stay away from caffeine. In the middle of the day try to calm down more. Do things that will make you calm at night. Reading helps me sleep. Try different things.

6ofusathome

gah!!! and now my first psychiatrist appointment got bumped from May 13 to June 3rd!! GRRRRR.

so discouraged