• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

off sick

A

alixelder

i have skizophrenia , adhd, autism, generalised anxiety disorder, how long can you be signed off sick by the doctor for and claim sick benefit, is there any time limit?

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
I'm not sure what benefit you are getting at the moment alixelder. This is a complicated area and there are several different benefits. The CAB web-site at....

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index...e_sick_or_disabled.htm#what_help_is_available

offers a guide but it is probably best to visit your local CAB or Benefits Advice Centre yourself and discuss the matter. We can't really give specific advice on individual cases here.

Nick.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Mixxy Worrying my self sick about being off sick!!! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
G Just started new job, gone off sick and ? going to hand notice in. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 15
Eleison time to go off sick/take some time off work? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
greenfairy Just been dismissed while signed off sick! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
W Cutting me off the dole Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
N I deleted my A level notes off my iPhone because I was angry that I didn’t complete them Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
S Pip was cut off now i am in a hospital ? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
M Been cut off from ESA.... Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 43
My_Second_Chance Quit Job After 18 days. Left It Off CV. Advice Needed RE P45 and Future Employment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
R water sure money off water bills Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
P so pissed off about car insurance and unemployed Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
Tabitha Returning to work and coming off ESA Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
F Brother in a mess- ESA cut off Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
BillFish Duncan Smith keen to serious reduce the numbers off work with anxiety and depression Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 61
F What does it take for Tories to feel compassion for the poor? We can now take 'mental illness' off the list Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
L Signed off ...handed notice in ... Interview !! Help Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 10
H taking another year off uni? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 28
Lincoln1990 US Social Security Disability and getting off o it Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
F Stuck in DWP limbo: 'Sometimes I think I would be better off dead' Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
P P*ssed off! In WRAG Group what do they expect from me!? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
Cody* Work is pissing me off Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
D HELP! Been taken OFF ESA! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 28
N Atos win PIP medical contracts to move people off DLA Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
I will i be allowed time off work? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
L Can changeing from I.S to ESA be held off under certain circumstances? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
A PLEASE HELP! had been signed off work related stress have been back for 8 days and feeling the same as i did before if not worse! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 13
V coming off benefits Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
E can i get my debt written off? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
F The PIP reconsideration of the mobility component is a sick joke Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
I Mental health sick leace Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
KatBuchanan In wrag, work coach wants a sick note? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
cpuusage Letter to the ICC at the Hague Re Mistreatment of the Disabled and Sick Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
D The embarrassing reason the DWP won't get the sick and disabled back to work Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
sahasrara phoned in sick for work today Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
N Feel Sick About My 5th ESA Advisor Visit Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
Artmuzz ATOS questionnaire - worried sick Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
L ESA problems and GP won't give sick note. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
H sick note... Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
Catastrophe Do I still need a sick note? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
T Illness as ‘Deviance’, Work as Glittering Salvation and the ‘Psyching-up’ of the Medical Model: Strategies for Getting The Sick ‘Back To Work' Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
Wiseowl Minister looking at making it harder for sick and disabled to claim benefits Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
J Cant back date sick note Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
B Medication and leaving work sick Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
C Just received DWP letter and am worried sick. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 11
Eleison sick leave/annual leave for anorexia physical problems? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
Artmuzz Worried sick about WRAG interview Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 10
R Sacked after 1 shift back after being put on sick for depression/suicidal thoughts!! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
Artmuzz Some advice concerning sick line Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
A A call to ATOS to enquire about euthanasia options for the sick and disabled! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
DizzyPrincess Statutory sick pay and income support Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2