• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Off meds

skyeprincess

skyeprincess

I was recently diagnosed with psychotic depression, was given haldol and prozac but I stopped taking them because it is poison that the doctors are trying to control me with. My boyfriend was demanding I take them so I have stopped talking to him because I believe he is working with the doctors trying to control me, they won't win:)

J

Jordonnamber

I know how you are feeling with the control situation. I took myself of my medication for the fact that i dont want to be the medicated me, i want to face my demons being myself. Medication seems to be the one thing that can truly not make you yourself. My only advice, don't push away those who care about you, explain to them why your doing what your doing and they will understand, if they don't. You will find new people that will.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Have you discussed with your doctors that you aren't taking your medication any more?
Unless you are sectioned or have a community treatment order, they can't force medication on you (as far as i'm aware).

I can understand you'd be reluctant to say you feel like you're being poisoned, but I think that you should say you're not willing to take medication even if you don't give a reason.
That way, they might be able to look at other methods of helping you such as having therapy or going to emotional skills groups etc.

Agatha

Agatha

I'm sorry you are feeling so bad. I wouldn't take haldol either! I tried it once and it made me have horrible side effects. Are you willing to take another med(s)? I know there are much better ones than haldol. I have taken prozac and it was actually helpful to me. It is always your choice to take medicine or not. Try to be good to yourself.

skyeprincess

skyeprincess

I don't want any medication because they are trying to control me with it. The doctors are evil

Agatha

Agatha

I don't want any medication because they are trying to control me with it. The doctors are evil
Why do you think they are trying to control you with meds? I don't think that about my doctor because I choose to go there and she has no reason to control me. I really think you are suffering from paranoia and that is effecting how you are looking at your situation. I have been there, too, where I thought people were watching me all the time. It is totally your choice to get help or not and you need to see someone, if not a doctor, to help you with depression-maybe a counselor. I can't see where anyone would want to control you, unless I'm mistaken, what would they get out of controlling you?

trinny

trinny

emotional

Wow emotional skills group wasnt aware existed to master the emotions instead if them reigning us sounds just the thing