• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Odd Volunteering Experience. I am not that surprised actually.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I volunteer as a befriender for the blind.
I have had two clients - the last in 2012.
The last client took a lot of toll on me, the guy had severe disablities but he had a great spirit.

I volunteered with him for about 8 months before I could take no more. I considered it a success.

At the beginning of this year I asked my contact for a new placement. At first she was all nice and lovely, and then she totally ignored me. Havent heard back from her since the 3rd/4th email.

Also usually I get a letters/ calendars from the company but they have not sent anything this year.

For some reason she has 'sacked' me without having the substance to tell me.

I have a criminal record now, so I would not get hired if started again - but I don't think she knows, because they need my consent.

I suspect she finds me suspicious hence the odd behavior. Sometimes thinking about it makes me angry - but I am trying to let it go.

No credit given and a sacking. Its a familiar story for me.

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
maybe they only keep records for the last 2 years.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

maybe they only keep records for the last 2 years.
I don't think so. My first client was back in 2009 and they kept sending me the crappy newsletters. I am not that bothered, but do feel that some befrienders win awards and some get sacked like me for the same shit.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I actually miss the old bastard I had in 2012.

Then they give me the bullshit and it spoils everything.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Funnyday Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1