Odd question on voices

G

GoodAldred

Those of you who give yourself a set time with your voices, what do you do in that time with them?

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

What do you mean? The voices come on their own accord. There is no set time.

G

GoodAldred

Some people say to set a time with your voices as a coping strategy but like what do you do in that time? let them talk? talk to them?

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Some people say to set a time with your voices as a coping strategy but like what do you do in that time? let them talk? talk to them?
Ok I think I understand. I have not being advised of this strategy so cannot comment on experience. sounds interesting though. GoodAldred.

blurrypeach

blurrypeach

Sometimes voices are kind of intrusive/invasive and I can't control when they wanna talk.
However I strill try to take time to talk with my voices; I start by asking my main voice how she's feeling, what is up, what she's thinking. Then we go on talking casually for a bit.
Sometimes if one of my other voices is acting strangely I ask her what's the matter.
Just be natural and listen to your own needs and thoughts when you wanna talk to them. ;)

I advise you avoid public places to talk to your voices. I don't know about you but I react to what my voices say (laughing, smiling, saying "tsk" etc.) so it'd be a bit weird in front of people lol

G

GoodAldred

Oh my gosh thank you so much! I'm kinda new to accepting that these guys are here to stay and have no idea what to do with them most of the time. Mine seem tame and helpful compared to other peoples voices and I aim to keep them that way! So I'm learning all I can and still working out how to hold a conversation with them...

Thank you so so much!

S

Splodge

I think it's down to the individual circumstances, sometimes you need to tell thenm that you will deal with the issue later, and set aside some time to discuss the issue, whether that works depends on the nature of your relationship with the voices at that time.

blurrypeach

blurrypeach

Oh my gosh thank you so much! I'm kinda new to accepting that these guys are here to stay and have no idea what to do with them most of the time. Mine seem tame and helpful compared to other peoples voices and I aim to keep them that way! So I'm learning all I can and still working out how to hold a conversation with them...

Thank you so so much!
you're welcome! :)
Mine seem "tamed" compared to a lot of other people too. At least most of the time. It's a good thing and I'm happy for you.