• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Odd phobia of stickers

M

mistressmazie

I am terrified of them. I can't have them on my skin and if anyone put one on me without prior warning I would panic and scream.

I HATE HATE HATE ones on fruit, ones with curled up edges that catch you out and EVEN MORE ones they put into clothes as I could put my hand into my pocket and bring it out with one on. The thought of them makes me nauseous and I check everything before I wear it for the first time. I get someone else to take them out if there are any too. I once had one sewn into the fabric and I couldn't wear it for weeks.

I panic at the thought of them.

Anyone else have this one?

xx

H

hughey

You would have hated my door a few months ago, I used to go to gigs all the time and get band stickers, and had been plastering my door with them since I was about 13 when I first started going to gis, and upuntil now they had been starting to get worn and started to peel off and stuff.

What is it you hate?, the adhesive?

I get like that some times with this kind of stuff, I hate the feel of them being stuck to my skin.

M

mistressmazie

I hate the feeling of them on my skin but I dont know what it is that freaks me out. Just stickers in general. Even if it is stuck on my clothes or something and no where near my skin!

I

Ireland

I have the exact same fear of stickers as you, everything you explained sounds like me , the worst for me is if I inform someone who is messing with a sticker in their hand and the say sorry and then put it in their pocket !! Why oh why ! :)

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
everyones scared of something my sisters afraid of balloons (because we watched IT by steven king a lot as a kid) and woodlice. younger sister has a fear of hights. my mother is afraid of alsations and large tough looking dogs. as is my boyfriend and I am scared of men I don't knowx

T

tamster

I thought I was the only person with this phobia!!
I absolutely hate them, the ones on fruit, why put them on fruit... its gross.
I can even breath when im in the same room as them, makes me wretch

T

Tomos!

I have quite a lot of fears/phobias. Whenever I peel a sticker of something or use/touch them I feel sick and have a headache. I have a fear of heights, whenever I am at a height my legs get a really weird feeling which I hate. I have mild claustraphobia and I have a fear of insects, especially moths and daddy long legs, they make me cry and make my heart pace!

M

mooshpitgalxo

OH MA GAWD! Stickers have always been my biggest fear i juast think theyre so flipping disgusting and i dont know what it is about them!! People make me feel like im insane but ive honestly never seen anything that is more yucky then a bunch o stickers all; sticking tigether. Apple stickers, bandaids, name tags and thing that has a sticky surface its gross!!! On my skin, on my clothes on any surface its freaking disgusting!! Tell me im not the only one PUH-LEASE <3

M

MrKitten

Quite a relief to see some other sticker haters here! Agree with the stickers on fruit, there really is no need and makes me feel a little sick. As soon as I buy anything new which has a sticker on it (or anyone else in the house introduces such a thing), I have to immediately and very carefully remove the said sticker and dispose of it in a carefully controlled manner. I really can't understand people who leave these hideous things on their precious items, ugh!

The worst ones are the cunningly hidden tiny clothes ones which just have a single number on them (why???). My girlfriend is always buying new clothes and I know that a few days later one of these little blighters will appear on the carpet, or even worse stuck to her body somewhere (that would actually make me wretch).

M

mooshpitgalxo

I agree with everything you had to say, they just make me feel light headed. As for removal of stickers I too need to be very careful and ensure that they are disposed of. The most disgusting thing is when one is unaware of the presence of a sticker on their body. People try put stickers on me and i begin to break down in panic attack. I had this one friend who used to put tiny little circle ones in my baby hairs (as i wore my long curly hair up in a bun on the top of my head) this probably made me feel the most sick as it was an absolutely disgusting feeling and the photos of it were just plain gross.

Am i the only one who is constantly asked why i have this huge fear but genuinely doesn’t know why i do ? Like it’s literally just that i find them disgusting and always have.. Prople expect me to have faced some massively traumatic experience with stickers but really i just feel like i’m one of the few people who’s actually processed how disgusting they are !!! I can’t deal !!

M

MrKitten

One of my earlier memories is of my brother putting a large sticker on my back without my knowing. I walked round with it all day, and I often wonder if the shame and embarrassment triggered my phobia.

The problem also puts me off visiting houses which have small children. They always seem to be given sticker books, or get rewarded with stickers for being good. Often these houses have stickers everywhere, all over the floor and stuck to all sorts of things. Makes me want to scream.

They should be banned anyway, they are very bad for the environment!

M

mooshpitgalxo

Exactly ! I can’t stand those sticker “rewards” that get handed out. My earliest memory related to disgusted feelings caused by stickers was a childhood friend who used to collect them and put them all over her bed frame (alike many other children) however, this was not the trigger of my phobia. The image in my head of stickers that she had tried to peel off that had been almost like semi peeled you know (like leaving some of the sticky part that wouodnt come off on the bed frame) will stay with me forever.

M

MrKitten

At least you are not alone :)

M

mooshpitgalxo

yes i’m honestly so grateful there are others out there too x

T

Travjohnson20

I really thought I was the only one. Anyone else hate little fonts as well. Like a little word. Its worse if its in a sticker