• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Ocd thoughts

O

OcdSuffer

Can OCD make you feel like you like the thoughts

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

In what way exactly? Do you have an example of such thoughts?

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

I do less now that I've added another med.

I find this maladaptive daydreaming is my only relief apart from sleep. I've always done it, since early childhood. The daydreams are variations on the same several themes, mainly of me having superpowers. lol

O

OcdSuffer

No, what I mean is that I check how I feel to cetrain thoughts(rumination) and I’m trying to feel disgust or anxiety or to negative feeling towards these thoughts but when I check I feel like ocd is playing tricks on my mind, like it’s trying to make me feel good about the thoughts but I know I hate these thoughts deep down in my soul it’s kind of like false attraction. When I get this tingling feeling in my chest When having this thoughts my ocd is telling me that I have this tingling sensation becaus I like these thoughts.

Jrick35

Jrick35

No, what I mean is that I check how I feel to cetrain thoughts(rumination) and I’m trying to feel disgust or anxiety or to negative feeling towards these thoughts but when I check I feel like ocd is playing tricks on my mind, like it’s trying to make me feel good about the thoughts but I know I hate these thoughts deep down in my soul it’s kind of like false attraction. When I get this tingling feeling in my chest When having this thoughts my ocd is telling me that I have this tingling sensation becaus I like these thoughts.
I absolutely know what you mean. I suffer from harm ocd and sometimes I wanna get mad at myself for thinking the thoughts but I cant. I think start to believe "do I want to do that? Do I like these thought?" Overtime with therapy and prayer (not to infringe your beliefs) I realize that it wasn't the thought that driving me crazy, it was the feeling and compulsions I was doing to stop the thoughts. We all have them but OCD suffers tend to let it bother us more than it should because we care some much. Ive learned to let them come and let them go. Don't give them energy; take your emotions out of it. Let the thought come, don't be afraid, let it pass. It took me some time and to be honest I still have my days but in the end you're in control, not the thoughts. I hope this helps any....you're not alone.