• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

OCD Thoughts And Anxiety About Going To Hell

B

Blackrose09

I'm no longer religious because of this type of ocd. It was the only way out.
My ex was religious and I becomed like him.

Jam1990

Jam1990

I'm suffering about this intense fear. Is anyone else going through this? I'm trying my best to live a sinless life but I keep failing by being angry, having sexual thoughts, having bad thoughts, drinking (not heavy drinking), lying a little, and becoming lazy/careless. I pray to God and Jesus for forgiveness but I need to repent. I'm afraid that I'm not saved
I had a strong fear of going to hell growing up because of being gay. I grew up in an area where everyone was very religious and taught that homosexuality is the ultimate sin and an instant ticket to hell. As I’ve gotten older I’ve become much less religious and the particular fear of hell has gone away. That fear has now transferred to the fear of being locked away because of being gay. Like if the laws were to ever change back to what they were decades ago.