• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

OCD Thoughts And Anxiety About Going To Hell

Magenta Pink

Magenta Pink

I'm suffering about this intense fear. Is anyone else going through this? I'm trying my best to live a sinless life but I keep failing by being angry, having sexual thoughts, having bad thoughts, drinking (not heavy drinking), lying a little, and becoming lazy/careless. I pray to God and Jesus for forgiveness but I need to repent. I'm afraid that I'm not saved

AlwaysinCrown

AlwaysinCrown

What kind of Christian are you? I raised as Roman Catholic. I'm spiritual person. I'm bisexual and have sex thoughts. I don't care. I've also read lots of books on this topic. Sex things aren't a factor of going to the Hell. In the past people were doing much worse things although they believed in Hell much strongly than us. I think if you don't hurt anyone you'll go to Heaven. Just do more good things as volunteer, engage in charity things etc. One glass of wine or other alcohol won't make you addicted. Even Jesus changed water to wine :).

D

Daringdan

There are scriptural assurances that you are called for, looked over, cared for and saved.

L

LokiPokey75

Hi Magenta Pink!

OCD thoughts manifest in so many ways, and yours can feel incredibly frightening. You believe that if you think something bad or something against the Bible, you're going to go to hell. But remember, it's a thought -- not an action. Actions makes sinners, not thoughts.

Besides, what do you think constitutes a life that leads to hell? Murder and rape for me are the two worst crimes anyone can commit and even some people that have done these crimes have sought forgiveness to live a better life. It all depends on the person. Will these people simply go to hell because of the crimes they've committed? Or do they deserve a second chance for what they tried to do to change their lives? Who's to say?

Everybody makes mistakes, everybody sins in some way, whether through lying or manipulation. It happens. But there's no list of how many wrongs you can commit before you're deemed unworthy. You just have to live the best life possible, for you and others. You'll slip up on occasion, but learning to accept those slip-ups (and not to damn yourself for them) will help you bounce back quicker.

Be okay with living your life the way you want, Magenta Pink. Otherwise, you'll try living a godly life only to find it's not a life worth living.

Hillman hunter

Hillman hunter

Hello Magenta Pink.

Im sorry your having these thoughts.

I too have had this, thinking i was going to hell, i became obsessed with it, if a film i was watching or a book mentioned God i had to turn it off, or throw it away.
i tortured myself with these thoughts.

It was one of many obsessions , but this one really upset me.

I dearly hope you can find peace with yourself, and live a happy life.

Magenta Pink

Magenta Pink

Hello Magenta Pink.

Im sorry your having these thoughts.

I too have had this, thinking i was going to hell, i became obsessed with it, if a film i was watching or a book mentioned God i had to turn it off, or throw it away.
i tortured myself with these thoughts.

It was one of many obsessions , but this one really upset me.

I dearly hope you can find peace with yourself, and live a happy life.
How are you dealing with it?

Magenta Pink

Magenta Pink

What kind of Christian are you? I raised as Roman Catholic. I'm spiritual person. I'm bisexual and have sex thoughts. I don't care. I've also read lots of books on this topic. Sex things aren't a factor of going to the Hell. In the past people were doing much worse things although they believed in Hell much strongly than us. I think if you don't hurt anyone you'll go to Heaven. Just do more good things as volunteer, engage in charity things etc. One glass of wine or other alcohol won't make you addicted. Even Jesus changed water to wine :).
I was raised catholic but I now want to become a christian. I should had got in to more detail on my OP. I did a lot of bad stuff in my life. I constantly lied, I dishonored my parents (mostly mom bc I was living with her, I stole money from her and my sister, I said mean things to her, I had sex before marriage, and I can go on an on with other things but I won't since I will get more upset. The worse thing now is that both my parents are deceased. I can forgive myself now of what I did. My dad died in the hospital from cancer. I only visited him once. I was a selfish brat. This is why I'm feeling both guilty and afraid of going to hell

FYI your good acts won't make it go to heaven. You have to believe and accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior. That's what I'm trying to do. However, my anger, guilt, far, and feeling ashamed is prevented me to be more strong and repenting my sins and never committing them again

N

Nukelavee

I was raised catholic but I now want to become a christian.
Catholics are Christians. Just like Baptists and Lutherans and Eastern Orthodox.

I dunno. doing good, being good - if you do that simply to avoid Hell, are you really good? Being good is it's own reward.

On the other hand, I'm someone who thinks that, if God is going to judge my acts, I'm judging his, and, in my opinion, he has a lot to answer for.

Magenta Pink

Magenta Pink

I dont deal with it very well, my OCD has been with me since teenage years, tablets can help. hopefully i will find other ways of surviving
Do you have a therapist and/or psychiatrist? And what about support from your family and friends?

Magenta Pink

Magenta Pink

if you do that simply to avoid Hell, are you really good? Being good is it's own reward.
Sorry I don't understand. Am I wrong to feel this way you mean?

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

I'm suffering about this intense fear. Is anyone else going through this? I'm trying my best to live a sinless life but I keep failing by being angry, having sexual thoughts, having bad thoughts, drinking (not heavy drinking), lying a little, and becoming lazy/careless. I pray to God and Jesus for forgiveness but I need to repent. I'm afraid that I'm not saved
No offence but id say lay of the jesus stuff fir a bit. Sounds like your a Catholic. I grew up in a catholic family. All the church does is make you feel guilty for everything

Magenta Pink

Magenta Pink

No offence but id say lay of the jesus stuff fir a bit. Sounds like your a Catholic. I grew up in a catholic family. All the church does is make you feel guilty for everything
I was raised a catholic yes. But I want to become a christian. What makes you say the church makes you feel guilty? I never experienced that

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

I was raised a catholic yes. But I want to become a christian. What makes you say the church makes you feel guilty? I never experienced that
The catholic church makes you feel guilty for feckin everything. I rebelled at a young age but we had priest come to the house all tje time after my mum died. My opinion is get rid of all the jesus stuff and live your own life acording to your own rules

Magenta Pink

Magenta Pink

The catholic church makes you feel guilty for feckin everything. I rebelled at a young age but we had priest come to the house all tje time after my mum died. My opinion is get rid of all the jesus stuff and live your own life acording to your own rules
I can't. I have OCD