OCD ruining my life

G

George16

Hi all! Hope everyone is doing well unlike myself!
Right now my OCD is currently getting worse and worse each day its extremely difficult for me to function normally now. I have recently left a toxic relationship which I posted about previously and I was so happy for a week or two now I've met a guy (well we have been good friends for a while now) but since my relationship has ended we have started dating each other and now my OCD is worse because he is the loveliest guy anyone could meet he is a good guy and now I feel like I have something even bigger to loose so my OCD is becoming uncontrollable again.

So my OCD has an immense fear of a photo of myself in underwear being lost as I once printed one about 6 years ago and cant remember where I put it so my fear is that it will get lost someone will find it and make up lies then my guy wont want to get into a relationship with me. Also people will be ashamed of me and disown me. So I check everything constantly and cant touch paper especially printed photos and I freak out constantly about things outside on the floor which potentially look like paper or a photo etc. So my question is do you think this would be likely? Should I be worried realistically. Also my ex has this photo so I am also worried hes going to do the same thing anyway just to be spiteful!

Please help it might sound trivial but its literally making me want to die. The anxiety is crippling.

H

Helen1960

You poor thing. Worrying so much.

I suppose I can only say how I'd be. I don't think this photo will ever show up. I can't imagine your ex making use of his copy.

Your mind is making this into a big issue.

I hope it all gets easier.

Helen

D

DerekV08

What kind of symptoms does your OCD cause? Do you have moments of panic? Does your worry change from one to another? Do you go through periods of calmness? Constant heart racing, stomach ache?

Let us know.