• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Ocd promises to Gods.

stygianiron222

stygianiron222

ok. please stop overthinking! i know its hard, but nothing bad will happen. try to tell yourself this, if it gets worse maybe contact a professional.

S

Started 1976

Nothing will happen i can assure you.You do however need Professional help.You have Severe OCD.You are constantly asking for Reassurance.It is not Reasurance you need it's Proper help.Until you make the decision to get help the Hell you are going through will continue;Please take that step for your own sake.

E

Erudinam

Ocd is connected with something that I value. It is something that has to do with me. Lets call it"x" because I do not want to say what it is.

4 years ago, my ex was not answering her phone and had not connected to fb for many hours. I got anxious that something may have had happened to her. I was having intrusive thoughts if I would sacrifice what I "value" ("x") for the safety of my gf. I think, I argued with that thoughts and thought that I would not sacrifice "x".

I started worrying that it may count as something wrong because I value more "x" than my ex and that may anger Christian God and maybe punish me by taking from me what I value. I think, I thought that there will not be a sacrifice because it is just, an hypothetical question, if I would sacrifice "x" for the safety of my gf. I got more anxious and started thinking or saying that I would sacrifice "x" for the safety of my gf. I was forced to think/say that because I was worrying that it may count as if I am selfish and that I prefer what I value than the life/safety of my gf and being afraid that Christian God would punish me by taking what I value. it was something like:

- ocd: would you sacrifice "x" for the life of your gf?
- me: no!
- ocd: no? then, maybe Christian God will get angry and take 'x" from you.

at that moment, I thought/said what I described. I cant remember if I said it to God or if if I was talking to my thoughts or to my ocd.I think, some seconds/minutes later, I realised that I'should not have said that and I prayed normally to Christian God to say that I am not sacrificing anything because I got worried and there is no need to sacrifice anything

Now, I remembered it again, and I started worrying.
1) What if other Gods accepted the sacrifice if in case Christian God is not real?
2) What if I sacrificed one more thing that I value and I cant remember?

Tawny

Tawny

Taking a break
You don't need to sacrifice anything for the safety of anyone, they are all safe.

E

Erudinam

I know its a trick of ocd but should I avoid paying attention to it?

I worry that I may have broken an old HYPOTHETICAL promise that was accepted by Gods and that I maybe asked for a specific punishment in case breaking it, in order to ensure that I will never redo a specific ocd compulsion. I cant remember making a promise, maybe there were some intrusive thoughts. It was 2,5 years ago, and I remember freaking out and worrying as if I may have made one. I cant remember what exactly, was thinking when I started freaking out. I cant remember if I remembered the promise or if I worried that I may have made one. I was able to calm down and focus on other ocd-promises problem.

I have a good memory and I would remember if I made a promise. I remember being hesitated if I should the compulsion or not and when I did it, I started worrying about the hypothetical promise. If there was a promise, I would remember it. Maybe there were just, intrusive thoughts and since it was a period that my ocd was gaining the upper hand, I automatically, considered that a random, uncontrolled thought = promise. So, maybe thats why I got worried. I cant remember. I remember freaking out BUT I cant remember if I was freaking out because I remembered the promise or if I was freaking out because I thought that I risked breaking an HYPOTHETICAL promise (because of my intrusive thoughts).

Sometimes, I am able to ignore my ocd and almost, forget it but I still, feel sad. I get thoughts like:

ocd: what if I asked for a specific punishment in case breaking the hypothetical promise? what if Gods accepted it?

S

Started 1976

Erudinum i am certain you are suffering from "Magical thinking OCD". Google it.You have to Face this problem or you will never get better!

E

Erudinam

Due to ocd, I wanted to say something but due to an HYPOTHETICAL misundertsanding, it may looked like as if I was telling Gods that 2,5 years ago, I made a specific deal even thought, I never made it.
What if Gods considered that I made such a deal just because of that misunderstanding?

E

Erudinam

My ocd is telling me that 3.5 ago, I may have made an old promise to Gods about not making my home office desk dirty.

Ocd was telling me to swipe my fingers on my shirt because they may touch the desk and make it a very, very, very little dirty and I did not want to do that compulsion. So, I ignroed it and touched the mouse and keyboard. Some random thoughts accompanied it like

"its ok the dirty will disappear, get swiped on the mouse" something like that.

I worry that it maybe looked like as if I was breaking the promise. I cant remember making such a promise but I have a bad feeling as if I may have made a promise about not sticking gum on my desk or even not making it dirty. I cant remember,

I worry that by touching my mouse, without having swept my fingers and having these thoughts (about not caring) looked like as if I was breaking the promise.

S

Started 1976

You are thinking Abnormally.You will never get over this Repetitive way of thinking unless you think Normally and Ignore this NONESENSE.When these thoughts start bothering you Stay busy and try to occupy your mind.

E

Erudinam

2.5 years ago, I may have made a promise to Gods that I will not bother myself with a certain ocd compulsion. I may have made the promise to force myself stop worrying about that compulsion.

Today, I was worrying for a misunderstanding and I wanted to say to Gods that I did not break that promise! I was near my bookcase, looking for some blood results and ocd randomly, told me that I need to say to Gods that I did not break the promise while searching for the results, like a compulsion. I ignored it, and I said what I wanted to Gods while searching for the results, NOT because ocd told me to, but it was what I was going to say anyway. I did it because I wanted to and not because ocd told me. It just, happened that what ocd told me to do was the same with what I wanted to do. Automatically, I started worrying that it looked like as if I did what the compulsion told me to (say what that I did not breka the promise while searching the results).

It took me some seconds, to explain to Gods that I did not do any compulsion. I just, said what I wanted to say while searching the results like a normal person and not because ocd told me to.

I worry because maybe I was too late to explain that I did not do any compulsion. The hypothetical promise was that I wont bother myself with a certain compulsion and I worry that it looked like I prayed in a compulsive way about that matter while searching the blood results on the shelf. I worry that I may have broken that promise indirectly, because it looked like as if I was praying compulsive. I was not praying compulsive. I was saying what I wanted to say. It is just, that some intrusive thoughts popped up in my head and it looked like as if I was praying compulsive. BUT I WAS NOT! i worry that it took me some seconds to explain my situation. I did not pray compulsive. I did not do any compulsion.

what if Gods considered that promise broken just, because it looked like as if I was doing a compulsion? I worry that it took me some seconds to explain my situation!

I AM ANGRY WITH MY OCD! INTRUSIVE HTOUGHTS PROBLEM EVERYWHERE! I AM FUCKING TIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOW, I HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THAT TO????

E

Erudinam

2,5 years, I may have made a rushed promise to Gods that I will never bother myself again with a certain compulsion. I do not remember if they were just, intrusive thoughts, partially made with my will or not. I worry that if that promise counted, it may have created some other promises indirectly, because of my words.

Yesterday, I was searching my blood results and I was praying to Gods and a random UNCONTROLLED thought popped in my head, something like " What I am doing may look like as if I am breaking the promise" or something like that.

I got anxious but I had my mind focus on other things and it took me some seconds to explain to Gods that it was intrusive thoughts. I worry that because of my random, thoughts, Gods may considered that I broke the promise indirectly, just because of that random thought. I got worried but it took me some seconds to explain to Gods that these were intrusive thoughts. What if I was too late and should have explained myself as soon as the thought popped up? I am a little mad with myself just, because I realised something was wrong and instead of explaining the misunderstanding at that moment, I waited some seconds. What if Gods considered the promise broken because of the misunderstanding (random thoughts)?

S

Started 1976

You didn't do any Compulsion you don't have to explain to God or Gods that you didn't do the Compulsion. You are turning the normal action- response into an Obsession- Compulsion itself!
I had a Million mixed up thoughts, A Million Compulsions when i was at my worst OCD STATE.
When i finally reached rock bottom i then sought Professional help.You must accept that is what you need please don't wait to long .Thinking of you Pal. I have been there.

B

Bernard soares

in my opinion you are doing the wrong thing by trying to find an answer to any of these questions. I would try an SSRI or SNRI and see if that helps

S

Started 1976

Medications alone can't help OCD. It has been proven however that Behaviour Therapy in conjunction with Medication can help (SSRI) in my case.

E

Erudinam

I may have made a promise to Gods that I will not act compulsive again with something. I may have made the promise in order to force myself stop doing the action of the compulsion. I cant remember making a promise but I get a bad feeling as if I may have made one.

Today, I was worrying that maybe it looked like as if i may have broken that hypotehtical promise. I got worried and started praying to Gods with my thoughts to say that I did not break the promise and that I did not acted compulsive.

Sometimes my praying thoughts are getting mixed with intrusive thoughts (due to anxiety) or sometimes make mistakes with my word-thoughts. So, I was repeating "no compulsion, no compulsion, no compulsion" I was worrying that I may skip the word "no" and may look like as if I was telling that I did the compulsion.

I realised that I repeated many times the "no compulsion" and I started worrying that it may counted as a compulsion. So, I worry that I may have made a promise that I cant remember and maybe accidentally, broke it because I prayed compulsive about it (repeating the same thing). I know that I maybe tried to make a promise in order to force myself to stop doing the action of the compulsion but if my words were generic like " I will not act compulsive with that again", maybe indirectly, made the promise to count not just for the action of the compulsion but for everything that has to do with a compulsion connected with that.

I mean, I did not do the action of the compulsion but I worry that by praying compulsively that I did not do the action of the compulsion, indirectly acted compulsive with that matter.