• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

OCD obsession with my wife's face or body, please help!!

J

JohnZ622

Hi,

This has been a bit of a recurring problem and I am seeking professional help but also looking for some help here.

When I met my wife, we dated for a year (long-distance) and got married. She felt perfect for me at the time. We shared common values, goals, interests, and I found her very very beautiful.
After a little while, I thought she was a little bit skinny (breasts smaller than A cup) and that really really bothered me. I found it difficult to look at her in a bathrob because something feels missing. I'm obsessively worried that something is not right with her and it sort of gave me a headache, prevented me from sleeping etc. I also obsessively looked at other women's breast shapes and frequently compared.
The funny thing is this obsession wasn't always there. For some reasons, there are certain unknown triggers that I couldn't identify.
She gained a bit of weight (from 100 pounds to 110) and her breasts got a bit fuller to an A cup. But she it also showed on her face and her face doesn't look as good as before.
Unfortunately my obsession and focus has shifted to her face. It comes and goes periodically. Sometimes the shape just doesn't look that good to me and I cannot get over it. I notice the better facial shape on other women, ruminate on it, and it makes me very depressed.
I cannot talk to her about it because I don't want her to think that there is something wrong with her. I think the problem really lies in my mind.
Again, this obsession with face seems to be periodic and happens once every two months or so for no apparent reason. It's hard to shift my attention away from it.
If I don't obsess with her face, I probably would worry about something else for example something at work. My brain always seem to latch onto something.

The relationship prior to my marriage broke down because, again, I found my girlfriend initially attractively but found her face less attractive over time when compared with some other girls. It made me uncomfortable and I wanted to find someone prettier. I found my current wife who is prettier but still finds some problems.

I know people age and lose their beauty over time. I am very worried that my perfectionist tendencies would destroy my chances of long term relationships.

Prior to my marriage, about 5-6 years ago, I had some obsessive thoughts over my penis size. It is a bit small when soft and when hard is a bit over 4 inches. It drove me nuts and I repetitively measured it over and over again.

Not sure if it helps but I am a programmer, hobby mathematician, and musician. I think my obsessive personality helped me do well in programming and math because I can usually become obsessed about finding the right answer, fixing the right bug in the software etc. So obsessed that it is a bit difficult to stop.

Sorry to make this so long. Thanks for reading and hope someone can help please.

R

Renata123

Understand you and fee your pain🙄. One Time į had terrible feel, į am not love my husband, but know is not true, avoid him, look at him, tuch him. Į leave him and go to hospital with treatment. AL sypmtoms gone and we meet again.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Because of allergies i developed OCD (cleaning obsession) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 16
L My OCD experience - the obsession with resolution Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
S Was doing really well but now ocd has found a new obsession Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
M Death Obsession OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
M OCD: Obsession to document everything Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
N My OCD obsession cured by certain compulsion? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
M Pure-O OCD... Harm Obsession / Bad Intrusive Thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 13
A religious ocd Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
B Tips for living with OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
S Is this OCD? I ruined my teeth Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
J OCD about self doubt Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
D Ocd or Asperger/autism? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 24
J Harm OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
R is this h-ocd or denial?? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
P OCD intrusive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
D Any advise how to calm my ocd? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
J I fear consumption of my ocd Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
R scared about my OCD intrusive thoughts consisting of my boyfriend Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
G Is my OCD impossible? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
K Life After OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
N OCD is destroyingmy life Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
D Strange ocd theme! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 23
P OCD and anxiety over blood borne viruses Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
C Do you think I'm Ocd? HELP! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
C I'm going crazy.. Help Me! (Ocd) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 9
G New treatment for OCD - brain pulses Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
S Ocd back Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
E OCD (fear of being poisoned) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
J Methods to beat OCD effectively Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
R Horror ocd pure Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
K Beating OCD, Intrusive Thoughts, PURE-O and everything in between Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
stevie_sloth Tourettic OCD anyond? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
J Scared about my OCD symptoms. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
D Heart palpitations and ocd Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 9
T Am I having OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
J Worsening of ocd 'pure o' Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 12
R just realised how serious my OCD is, after going too far ... Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
K I think I have OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
G Please help. Ocd COVID disaster :( Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
D Advices for helping person with OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
M OCD focusing on a real event Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
D Pure ocd - in need of some support/guidance… Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 31
L False Memory OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
A Existential OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 12
E Ocd Panic please help Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
M OCD and Involuntary movement Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
C I need help on this one ( OCD ) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
B Have You Identified Your OCD Triggers? and How Did You Identify Your OCD Triggers? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
B Which meds help your OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
Amelia2020 My ocd is getting worse Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1