• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

OCD/Intrusive thoughts

Jrick35

Jrick35

Hey everyone, hope yall doing okay. Just having one of those days where it feels like the OCD is getting the better of me. When the harm intrusive thoughts come they can feel so real and intense but I know its all an illusion. Ive learn to take my emotions out of it and just let it pass but of course sometimes I lose that battle for a moment and revert back to ruminating. Nothing, and I repeat NOTHING, would ever actually make me act on the thoughts but it just give me a real sucky feeling. Just wanted to give someone else hope in this day Iam having. Dont give up, dont give in....its an illusion...its not real.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Staff member
Forum Safety Team
You sound like a good person Jrick35, so I can understand how these thoughts of harm effect you so much.

I sometimes get intrusive thoughts and images in my mind of harm befalling animals, my friends and family and myself, all I can say is keep practicing what you're doing and show no emotion towards these thoughts, I do the same, I'm very much like a Vulcan when it comes to these experiences (extra respect to you if you know what a Vulcan is :)).

I know you have a good heart because you're here talking about these thoughts rather than out there acting on them.

Stay strong and take good care of yourself.

B

Bod

Former member
Hey everyone, hope yall doing okay. Just having one of those days where it feels like the OCD is getting the better of me. When the harm intrusive thoughts come they can feel so real and intense but I know its all an illusion. Ive learn to take my emotions out of it and just let it pass but of course sometimes I lose that battle for a moment and revert back to ruminating. Nothing, and I repeat NOTHING, would ever actually make me act on the thoughts but it just give me a real sucky feeling. Just wanted to give someone else hope in this day Iam having. Dont give up, dont give in....its an illusion...its not real.

Hi Jrick35, well done my friend on not letting those intrusive thoughts beat you, I know only to well how strong and frightening they can be so keep up the good fight against them till they pass.