• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

OCD intrusive thoughts

I

imsooverit

So basically I have thoughts and voices. The thoughts are hard. They are insulting everyone and I know it does not come from me. The voices don't help. They are sure it's me and so say some pretty nasty stuff to me when I apologize. I think they are manipulated but as for my OCD, I think it could have something to do with that. I cannot stop the thoughts and the voices keep telling me to. I am not able to! So how would you deal with thoughts that are insulting people just by being there??

S

Swallows edge

Likewise,I also thought broadcast the thoughts,which,as you can imagine,makes me unpopular,this is psychological torture.Now,I could easily cope,if the thoughts remained private,but of course,oh no,not possible,Do your thoughts remain private inside your mind?Yes indeed, obviously the thoughts could come from your own state of mind,but in my case,many are being inserted from others and will obviously sit in your mind somewhere.Are you a loner by nature?if you are,spend time in nature ,read books,to take your mind of it,even for a few minutes.If you are reasonably sociable,get together with someone,or find help,as quick as possible,before the thoughts manif at and take root,a stitch in time,saves nine..

H

HopefullLM

I agree with the above member! Find someone that knows you and understands you! If not a friend or family member then a therapist! It does sound like some mental health issue to be sure! You do need to speak some of your thoughts to better understand where there coming from but not necessarily to those about which the thoughts are! In the mean time, think about how your words might be taken? Will they be helpful to the other person? Would they be helpful to you if someone would speak them to you? If not, say to yourself, not helpful now, discard!!! Try saying to yourself, if these really need to be spoken to this person, let someone else do it, or not my words, or, that’s just my OCD thinking so bye bye!
Do try to get professional help, it will be sooooo helpful to you!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
rosebx3 scared about my OCD intrusive thoughts consisting of my boyfriend Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
K Beating OCD, Intrusive Thoughts, PURE-O and everything in between Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
O Ocd intrusive thoughts can someone please respond Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
T Helping a friend with bad OCD & intrusive thoughts - whats the best way to do this? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
Absurd2020reality OCD and intrusive thoughts (absurd) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
M Intrusive thoughts and or OCD thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
T Scared to buy my first gun..? OCD/rumination/intrusive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
R ROCD and Cheating OCD-Intrusive Thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
nickybow86 I think I have ocd intrusive thoughts. What do ye think ? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
U Sharing my own intrusive thoughts & OCD, wanting to hear about other people's? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
M Pure-O OCD... Harm Obsession / Bad Intrusive Thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 13
A OCD for intrusive thoughts on Anafranil for last 7 years...changing medication now Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
L OCD intrusive sexual thoughts or real sexual fantasy. Please help. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
S Clomipramine and h-ocd/intrusive thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 9
H I found a way to escape from OCD and intrusive thought forever Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 27
J Managing Intrusive OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
G Ocd intrusive thoughs Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
G Is my OCD impossible? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
K Life After OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
N OCD is destroyingmy life Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 0
D Strange ocd theme! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 23
P OCD and anxiety over blood borne viruses Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
C Do you think I'm Ocd? HELP! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
C I'm going crazy.. Help Me! (Ocd) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 9
G New treatment for OCD - brain pulses Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
S Ocd back Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
E OCD (fear of being poisoned) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
J Methods to beat OCD effectively Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
R Horror ocd pure Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
stevie_sloth Tourettic OCD anyond? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
J Scared about my OCD symptoms. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
D Heart palpitations and ocd Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 9
T Am I having OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
J Worsening of ocd 'pure o' Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 12
R just realised how serious my OCD is, after going too far ... Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
K I think I have OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
G Please help. Ocd COVID disaster :( Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
D Advices for helping person with OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
M OCD focusing on a real event Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
D Pure ocd - in need of some support/guidance… Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 31
L False Memory OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
A Existential OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 12
E Ocd Panic please help Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
M OCD and Involuntary movement Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
C I need help on this one ( OCD ) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
B Have You Identified Your OCD Triggers? and How Did You Identify Your OCD Triggers? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
B Which meds help your OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
Amelia2020 My ocd is getting worse Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
N Disturbing OCD thoughts keep forcing invasive thoughts into my head and I cant control it Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
O Ocd advice. Ocd and negative associations Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3