• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

OCD in my daughter

D

Davssej

Hi. I have a daughter who is 7 that is always questions do I have to wash my hands coz I’ve touched this?
Will I be ok coz I’ve done this?
Will you be ok coz I’ve done this?
Will my hair coz I pulled it?
will I get a bruise coz I just banged myself?
After washing hands and drying then asking are they still wet ?
She sleeps in our bedroom on a mattress on the floor as she doesn’t want to sleep in her room with her baby sister.
this is all been happening for 3 years since the death of her grandad.
It affects her schooling as she doesn’t want to go and hates being away from us.
please help how we can help her. Thank you.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

My opinion is let her grow up a wee bit first before you seek any help for OCD or anything else. My young brother was a we fragile soul till he was 18 then he took off.

D

Davssej

Thank you. But how can I reassure her that all these things are ok? She constantly asks and anything we say doesn’t seem to work.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Thank you. But how can I reassure her that all these things are ok? She constantly asks and anything we say doesn’t seem to work.
My brother was like that growing up. Just lots of reassurance. And smother her in cuddles and love. Thats all you can do. I bet she becomes a leader of some sort when she is an adult. I thought my young brother could never make in the world and he is now full of charisma and a ladies man haha