• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

OCD/Health anxiety/Intrusive thoughts

A

Anne79

I have been dealing with OCD/health anxiety on and off for the past couple of years. I was on Zoloft for 1.5 years but weaned off few months ago. I felt ok until a week ago when my mood swings came back as well as my very intrusive thoughts and obsessions. My obsessions are health related and not that I have big health issues, I am a pretty healthy individual according to my doctors! I diagnose myself almost every day with smtg serious or at least convince myself smtg is not OK, the way it should be. That is when the compulsions start, checking the potential issue over and over again (sometimes 10-20 times in a matter of few hrs). I stopped googling symptoms long time ago but unfortunately the information googled before sticked/glued to my brain.

I am thinking of going back on Zoloft as it helped me deal with my obsessions in the past. I did some therapy two years ago but it is hard to go back as I have two kids to care for during the day and the therapist can see me only during 10 to 3:00.

Any insights on this matter is highly appreciated. Thanks!

T

tryingtogetthrough

Do you have any relatives or friends who could look after your kids maybe once a week, or once every fort night while you go see someone? It's important that you talk through the obsessions and compulsions, and get outside perspective and advice on what you're going through. It could really help. I suffer from intrusive thoughts as well, I know how distressing they are. Just remember it's all amatter of how you deal with those thoughts, they're just thoughts, it's all in your head.

You'll get through this, good luck :)

A

Anne79

I'll try to go back to therapy. The intrusive thoughts are sooo distressing and I know they are only in my mind, but I can't help having them. The therapist told me they come as as result of a PTSD I had many years ago (never treated) and I could not agree more with her.

S

SoldSpartan

Prozac did wonders on those OCD unwanted thoughts under control.