• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

OCD & Delusions

T

TroubleinParadise

Hi all,

How do you cope with delusions as a result of deep-rooted anxiety being brought to the surface? How do you cope with the fact that you're aware that you're not rational? How do you keep yourself from 'acting out'?

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

If you are aware that you are not thinking rationally, then you are in a good position to learn to ignore your own mind.

What sort of acting out are we talking about here ??

When deep rooted stuff surfaces, all I can do is accept it and let it run it's course.

Last edited:
T

TroubleinParadise

When things like this occur I feel as if I am in two minds. I have my rational self. Then the overwhelming irrational anxiety-filled delusional self which seems to want to act upon it's delusion. It's a strange occurrence.

RookieatBest

RookieatBest

Hi TroubleInParadise

Delusion and being deluded are nothing but lieeeeesssss. Don't believe them even if they are so convincing, that's why they cause you anxiety your belief mechanisms in them is so strong.

Come at those lies with truth. Know yourself and who you are as a person in and out. Don't doubt yourself believe in yourself. Don't let those lies frame you and make you who you're not!

That's how you crush your anxiety and OCD positivity, truth, and rational behavior. Even though you are not perfect, but it takes practice.

Your obsession are lies that get you to become compulsively behave. Don't let that obsession make you misbehave. Take control! Take control by being educated on the subject and finding/practicing ways to cope. Like now!

Go on Google and search up
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) - HelpGuide.org

*Oh, type it just like that. It's a great article by the way.

GL GB BS!

Last edited:
RookieatBest

RookieatBest

Two parts to one mind

"We don't have just one mind located throughout the body. We actually have two minds, or if you prefer, two parts to one mind: the conscious mind and the unconscious mind, which is the mind that is our primary focus for health. The conscious mind is our will, our here-and-now awareness."

Here is another article you can read that's very interesting on the topic about two minds. It's called:

Your Two Minds Mark Manson

Google it and type it up in the search box just like that. Very interesting. Helps you understand how your two minds work.

T

TroubleinParadise

I read the article by Mark Manson - a great read and very insightful - thanks for sharing.

J

joe_rabbit

One funny way that helps me from time to time is thinking of Reagan's response to Carter in the 1980's presidential debate.

Carter would make a serious, impassioned point, and Reagan would smile, nod his head and say "There you go again"--undercutting the seriousness and gravity of the statement.

I do the same thing. When I have a delusional thought, and recognize it's a delusion, I say that line "There you go again!" and it helps! at least some of the time. Try it out!