• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Ocd and mistaking feelings

O

OcdSuffer

Hi, this is my second post today.
Did anyone also had problems with wrong interpretations of feelings ? For example when having intrusive thoughts and not having anxiety you mistake it for liking ? What I developed is that I need to feel disgust or anxiety to intrusive thoughts or rumination to feel cetrain that I don’t like them, having normal reaction such as letting the thoughts pass and feel fine for me means that I like them.

B

BlueWater

Yeah, I should feel disgust else how would I know they are intrusive thoughts/rumination? Takes some introspection. When it occurs, my bad if I engage. If I choose to stop quickly, I then have to do something creative or tiring.

O

Ocean117

Omg yes I use to always mistake my disgust for lust it’s crazy how the brain works but deep deep down you know the truth :) you have got this

3howards

O,

Oh the perverse sexual crappola caused by ocd .... man....

I’m a staunch heterosexual, nothing wrong with being gay.... just science.... Einstein said science with ought God is lame....

God hates gays, there’s some more crappola.....

If on a tangent ( bi polar crapola)......

I get weird perverse thoughts about my favourite football players....

Part of that is ( I heard this from one shrink at the psych ward once)

Pollution ocd were its trying to ruin things I enjoy....

Sac religious ocd with Bible figures let’s say amalgamated in with sexual acts....

Tough as a Christian.....

The guy I just met who’s straight.... and ocd tries to convince him he’s gay..... oh man 430 am...

I’ll just say .... chemical imbalance in your brain creates these images .. it’s not you.... don’t feel any guilt....

Like watching a terrible movie that’s perverse and you think.... those assholes .... making that offensive film!

Your mad, but u don’t feel responsible or guilt, .... the chemical imbalance is like the film makers..... ITS NOT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feel nothing.....

Hope you get some peace, and return to normal sexual activity and thoughts like u were before prick ocd started in on u.....

Three howards