• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

OCD and intrusive thoughts (absurd)

Absurd2020reality

Absurd2020reality

Hello All, I am new here and I wanted to share my story. I also wanted to know if anyone has faced the same problems I have. Before being diagnosed with OCD, I have questioned everything, my faith, health and people around and even my sanity. My OCD was not in a specific felid. It was ambiguous. I obsessed about losing sanity, getting cancer, HIV, questioned wether I have schizophrenia or bipolar. It also revolved around social problems and issues like obsessing about general appearance, wether being liked or hated.questioning wether I hurted someone and a constant feeling of depression and guilt But it turns out It is my OCD thoughts. I’ve had my share of dark times and I am still suffering from it now. Can anyone relate that ocd shifts to different issues from time to time? Because many do falsely believe that your ocd has a specific theme and does not change, mine does.
-A

N

Narcissist714

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hello All, I am new here and I wanted to share my story. I also wanted to know if anyone has faced the same problems I have. Before being diagnosed with OCD, I have questioned everything, my faith, health and people around and even my sanity. My OCD was not in a specific felid. It was ambiguous. I obsessed about losing sanity, getting cancer, HIV, questioned wether I have schizophrenia or bipolar. It also revolved around social problems and issues like obsessing about general appearance, wether being liked or hated.questioning wether I hurted someone and a constant feeling of depression and guilt But it turns out It is my OCD thoughts. I’ve had my share of dark times and I am still suffering from it now. Can anyone relate that ocd shifts to different issues from time to time? Because many do falsely believe that your ocd has a specific theme and does not change, mine does.
-A
I can relate. My OCD shifts themes whenever I resist compulsions. I have contamination ocd so i wash my hands a lot. If I resist washing my hands and resist giving into the ocd thought by doing compulsions then my theme changes.

For me it’s whatever I value that’s what my theme is usually about. OCD attacks what I care about.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

I’m sorry that you’re struggling.

I totally understand how you feel and can relate. Intrusive thoughts are unimaginably vicious.They’re like a pack of minters that latch on and don’t want to let go.

OCD can definitely shift to a different issue and a new fear.

If you’re struggling to a crippling state, there are medications that can help tremendously.
I hope you feel better soon.

Absurd2020reality

Absurd2020reality

I can relate. My OCD shifts themes whenever I resist compulsions. I have contamination ocd so i wash my hands a lot. If I resist washing my hands and resist giving into the ocd thought by doing compulsions then my theme changes.

For me it’s whatever I value that’s what my theme is usually about. OCD attacks what I care about.

Thank you for your reply, it truly helps seeing support from different people. And yes I completely agree that OCD attacks what you value the most. I hope you are better with managing it and feeling better!

Absurd2020reality

Absurd2020reality

I’m sorry that you’re struggling.

I totally understand how you feel and can relate. Intrusive thoughts are unimaginably vicious.They’re like a pack of minters that latch on and don’t want to let go.

OCD can definitely shift to a different issue and a new fear.

If you’re struggling to a crippling state, there are medications that can help tremendously.
I hope you feel better soon.
Thank you, Ive been searching for the right therapist but haven't found someone ideal, and in terms of medications I was hasentent and didint want to be rely on a medication all my life, that prevented me from taking them before

Drawings_T

Drawings_T

YES! I've had OCD about contamination of things, superstition, causing harm to people, especially with asbestos, my beliefs, thinking I could kill people, thinking I'd accidentally viewed child abuse and was a paedophile, and taking on way too much responsibility for various things I've done in my life. It goes on and on. The good thing is you can fight it and for me recently for me it's been a question of trying to remember how these things will come back and I need to be aware of them. You can definitely get help. Today I was able to catch the thoughts as they spiralled out of control which is an improvement.