• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

OCD And Books

Zardos

Zardos

I'm a bit ocd.. Not a major problem for me most of the time.. Though I do get stuck in loops sometimes... Anyway recently I have rediscovered the joy of reading.. I do it a couple of hours on a night to calm my thoughts before I go to bed...
So last night I turned everything off.. Put on some music and began to read.. This was at about seven-eight-ish.. Anyway long story short at 3am I was still reading and my plans to have an early night had gone for a Burton.. I just couldn't stop.. I couldn't put the dam thing down.. Its not even a very good book.. Just another chapter.. Just another few pages.. Just till I end on a even page number...

I never thought I'd hear myself say this but... I wish I could be 'normal' for just one day ! Stop everything turning into such a calamity.. I despair of my world.. I really do.. Isn't anything I try going to end well ? Its just one cock up after another.. All the good things I achieve seem to get swamped by an avalanche of crap I can't control...
And the repeatedly checking things before I go to bed I could really do with out...

The Tv is off... Its off dude... Its been off since you turned it off four hours ago.. Its off ! What'd you think ? Its somehow magically turned itself back on with no sound and pictures and its just sitting there waiting to over heat and burn the flat down as soon as you fall asleep ? Its off ! You see the little red light ? That means its off ! And so is the Play Station.. And the laptop... They're All off.... Turning them on to turn them back off again really isn't going to help.. They are all off !
Now close the door and go to bed like the proper little fruitcake that you are...

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

I don't have OCD tendencies myself but I can still spend the whole night reading.

It must be exhausting living with OCD rituals - you have my love and admiration. xxx