Obsessive thoughts = Anxiety?

M

Mexis

I'm suffering from persistent obsessive thoughts which simply will not go away. On top of that I have disabling fatigue and complete emotional and physical numbness. Does obsessive thinking mean that anxiety is the root problem? Can I say for certain that anxiety is involved here?

L

LoveYourself

I have obsessive thoughts too, and chronic fatigue/brain fog/cognitive deficit etc. Just dont give up, it is possible to improve, not easy of course. Bad thoughts/anxiety feed and reinforce each other. Its possible to overcome or at least improve a lot.

M

Mexis

I have obsessive thoughts too, and chronic fatigue/brain fog/cognitive deficit etc. Just dont give up, it is possible to improve, not easy of course. Bad thoughts/anxiety feed and reinforce each other. Its possible to overcome or at least improve a lot.
Then we are both in the same boat, pretty much. Do you think it's an anxiety problem?

L

LoveYourself

Its a mind-problem, that is what creates the negative thoughts which in turn create anxiety and then its a bad circle.

S

S.Anthony

Obsessive thinking can definitely be related to anxiety, however I can not say for certain that is what is going on as we are all different. This is how a therapist or physician comes in handy. They can differentiate between thought patterns or true medical conditions or your mental health.
I know there are some things that help me with my anxiety or constant obsessive thoughts.
I tap a rhythm on my leg or chest to help me calm. I take slow deep breath in, hold for 10 seconds and slow breath out, this is a regular, not just with the thoughts but every night to help me calm.
Prayer, worship music and speaking positive things help me as well.
I pray you get some answers soon and peace in your thought patterns. Please don't hesitate to see a professional that can walk you through what you are facing.
Best wishes!