Obsessive Love Disorder

S

Seymore

Over the past several months I’ve become infatuated with this girl who has been a friend for about 4 years now. At first I thought it was just a crush but I realized that I was obsessed with what she thought of me. I needed constant reassurance from her that she was my friend and I would often go out of my way to get it. I’ve recently done some tease arch into it and I’ve found out that I have a rare mental health problem called obsessive love disorder. I can’t seem to find much help from articles online and I’m unable to see a therapist. I was wondering if anyone on this thread has had this affliction and if they know anything to help.

G

gam9147

I apologize if this is ignorant and I certainly don't mean to devalue the seriousness of your condition but I'm wondering if you anxieties are really something else at the core and are manifesting themselves as obsession with this one particular individual. you mentioned obsessive thoughts about acceptance. Has this occurred before with others, or currently with other people or just the one? I think this is essentially a social anxiety disorder of which there are so many sub-varieties. Maybe if you are researching you should start with social anxiety. Cognitive behavioral therapy is effective for social anxiety in general. Are you taking any medicines to assist you or talked to a doctor about it?