• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Obsessive Googling

O

ocdsucks

Hi,

I’ve never been to a therapist so I haven’t been diagnosed but I’ve had OCD tendencies for about six years now. The intensity of it has fluctuated but recently, it’s become a nightmare. I basically have to google EVERYTHING. It started with celebrities that I would hear about or see on TV shows or movies and for whatever reason, I just had to google them and do a whole background search on them. Why? I don’t know. I am also constantly obsessing over the way I look, searching various topics to find out if I am considered attractive or not, (I don’t know if that makes sense, but yeah) Just recently, I began searching about serial killers which is horrible because I hate everything to do with them and don’t want to read about them, but my mind tells me that i HAVE to do it or else I won’t be informed. Even after I think I’m “done” searching about a particular serial killer, my mind tells me that there’s still more I have to look up about them. I also have that weird number sequence obsession which I have to search everything four or eight times. I can’t eat, can’t sleep, I have a constant nervous feeling in my chest that I can’t seem to shake. I’m aware I might need professional help. I don’t know how much longer I can do this.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Welcome to the forum,
I would seek the advice of a therapist or a psychiatrist.
Hope you get better very soon.

R

Rogue7

I too Google all the time, mostly my symptoms, but I Google serial killers to try to figure out if I'm becoming one myself (I have harm ocd). The anxiety builds and I need to research just to make sure I won't do anything bad. I hope you get help xx

Eleison

Eleison

I obsessively Google in relation to my worries of the time. But so far I've managed not to this year - I know that's only 5 days, but it's a start!