• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Obsessions with sensations

O

Ocean117

hi so I’m having obsessions with sensations for example what it would feel like to stick finger in a hole or pierce nail into a ball ( and it becomes more intrusive as I’m more worried ) and the scenarios replay in my head to get rid of the obsession until it feels like I want to do it to get rid of it but I never actually want to do the thing or end up doing it but it becomes like doing the thing I’m obsessed with over in my head is the compulsion to get rid of it . Anyone ever had this ? Please help I’m so worried I’m the only one

O

Orangeade

hi so I’m having obsessions with sensations for example what it would feel like to stick finger in a hole or pierce nail into a ball or stick finger on stove ( and it becomes more intrusive as I’m more worried ) and the scenarios replay in my head to get rid of the obsession until it feels like I want to do it to get rid of it but I never actually want to do the thing or end up doing it but it becomes like doing the thing I’m obsessed with over in my head is the compulsion to get rid of it . Anyone ever had this ? Please help I’m so worried I’m the only one
I feel like this!