• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Obsession with man/woman

R

Rosaria

Have you ever felt so attached to someone who doesn’t feel the same way back but they still lead you on. Having thoughts of them hooking up or being with another woman drives you crazy how do you cope?

Z

Zoe1

I think if you pull the other way
they will either follow you or you will reach someone else

:grouphug:

D

Dorothy gale

You stated, "attached to someone who doesn’t feel the same way back" are you meaning that he doesn't feel attached?
And I would first like to understand better as to what he is doing or saying that is making you think that he is leading you on.
As far as your statement about having thoughts of him hooking up or being with another women, unless you have evidence or unless he is acting suspiciously, you need to take control of your thoughts. Remind yourself that he cares about you or he wouldn't be with you. Remind yourself that what you are feeling is normal sometimes and it should go away the closer you two get as long as you gain more transparency with time.
On the other hand, if you have never felt this way in your past relationships and those thoughts are still a problem as your relationship matures, then most likely something is not quite right and I wouldn't wait to find out what it is. I would just run!
Regardless of all the advise you may get, this must be agonizing and so hurtful for you. Relationships are difficult anyways, but to have those difficulties added to it, adds so much stress. I hope this is resolved for you soon so that you can experience joy in your relationship or by yourself again!
If you do have a serious attachment issue get help as soon as you can. I have been diagnosed with Adult Separation Anxiety Disorder; with help it can get better!

M

MHFPokeplantz

It depends a lot, every case is a case but usually its better to avoid feeding much closeness, if you know the person really doesnt feel the same, it would be more torture to stay on it (also because of the consequent jealousy part you mentioned);

This if you are sure the person doesnt feel the same, even when he leads you on