• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Obsessing

N

nattyone

I was just wondering if anyone here obsessed over anything ? Like a long term obsessive worry. I do and then I suddenly wondered if it was anything to do with the bipolar.

Kos

Kos

I am bipolar and I am soooooo obsessive about anything and everything!!! At first doctors thought I had obsessive compulsive disorder, but I've recently been diagnosed bipolar and a trait of that is obsessiveness!!!

The main thing I obsess over is my appearance - I'm not a vain person, I feel very ugly, and I'm constantly checking mirrors to make sure I'm acceptable. I also obsess over guys and always have done, not as far as being a stalker. but I'll think about the person I have a crush on constantly, over analyse everything they say to me, and obsess over whether they like me or not!!!!

D

Deremna

My new psych said that my obsessiveness is part of my mania.. I tend to obsess over how I make others feels and what others are thinking about me constantly particularly when I am trying to go to sleep at night. When I am alone, I also obsess over the fact that I think someone is going to breal in so I will keep making sure I have my phone near me at all times in case I have to call the police.

Kos

Kos

I also obsessively check my phone and emails!

D

Deremna

I think my boyfriend gets annoyed sometimes because I'll always ask him, "Is my phone rining? Did you hear my phone? Was it your phone?" because I'll swear I hear the phone going off when it really isn't.

N

nattyone

Wow something else we have in common. I'm so pleased there are other people out there who are affected like me. I'd not seen anything about it on any of the stuff I'd read.

S

suzy

I am in constant worry, more recently so, I just want to be a laid back person and not care but I keep getting stressed out about little things. What do I do to get better?

N

nattyone

I don't know Suzy it's one thing I'm keen to see if the meds help with. It's such a tiring and stressfull way to live.

S

suzy

That's the thing I have been on meds ages and I think I am worrying about things more recently. The only change is my lithium went to 500mg from 400 but now back on 400mg. (My lithium level remained 0.5 on both previous 3 month tests!) I admit I sometimes skip nights. I don't know if the meds are having much effect, I have my next appointment in May so looking forward to that. I am also on 2.5mg olanzopine.

I have always been a worrier. I think I just need to change my thought patterns. Easier said than done!

emski

emski

I too have bipolar and obsessive traits, mainly around obessiviely thinking and obesessive worrying

S

skyblue

I'm currently going through a mild mixed episode and I'm constantly obsessing over everything, it's driving me insane !!!

E

EternalityFlames

I'm a possible Bipolar according to people and I obsess with things also. I obsess over the internet and checking emails and messages. Also having to be in constant touch with people. I'm obsessed with keeping old things even silly things like crisp packets in case it becomes 'history' in the future cause it'll change. I obsess with holding onto old things. And I obsess over running away when I'm really depressed to point I'll then search on the internet places to go and so forth. I also do the whole what are people saying about me or how are they judging me and over analysing everything and the whole crush thing too well sort of.