• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

obsessing of how I look at things (POCD)

J

juju94

I saw this YouTube thumbnail and it had a kid on it. I looked at it (which is completely fine) but then I looked away and looked back at it and I have this fear that I’m looking at it in a weird, creepy way.. at least that’s what my mind tells me, so I quickly scrolled by it because I felt so awful. I really hope that is not the case here. I constantly obsess about this and I don’t know how to move past it. It’s just scary to me.. I have to be very careful of how I look at certain things or else I’ll obsess over it later. What do you think I should do? Has this happened to someone before?

bpd2020

bpd2020

This sounds like what is known as an 'intrusive thought'. You have done nothing wrong at all. Please tell yourself that.

I

Idontliketomatoes

Its just your OCD. Trust me. Move past it and don’t be in your head so much. Distract yourself with other things. I know it’s hard. Don’t be so tough on yourself, don’t give the thoughts the power to make you go crazy. Breathe, notice the thought and let it pass.

J

juju94

Its just your OCD. Trust me. Move past it and don’t be in your head so much. Distract yourself with other things. I know it’s hard. Don’t be so tough on yourself, don’t give the thoughts the power to make you go crazy. Breathe, notice the thought and let it pass.
Thank-you so much