• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

obsessed with pregnancy

T

twinb

i don't know if this would fall under OCD but i'm 17 and obsessed with the thought of becoming pregnant. i picture myself as pregnant in my head and think about it all the time. i was just wondering if anyone knew anyone like this or knows what to do about it. thanks.

Lozzi_1004

Lozzi_1004

Hi :).

There could be many reasons your thinking about pregnancy so much, hormones, hype in the media etc. I go through stages where I can see myself pregnant and sometimes come to the conclusion that my life would be better if I was (don't ask me how, I don't have a clue!).
Do you have someone you can speak to this about? I usually speak to my boyfriend when I'm feeling like that and it stops the "obession". Alternatively, you could speak to your GP about it and s/he can advise you accordingly.

:flowers:

Lozzi_1004

Lozzi_1004

i don't know if this would fall under OCD but i'm 17 and obsessed with the thought of becoming pregnant. i picture myself as pregnant in my head and think about it all the time. i was just wondering if anyone knew anyone like this or knows what to do about it. thanks.
The other word people may often use for this is "broody" :).

D

Dollit

OCD stands for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and is a series of repetitions. That's not quite the same as wanting to be pregnant.

Are you in a relationship? What's your home life like?

Young women can sometimes want a child to replace something that isn't in their lives or that they feel is missing. If they feel a lack of love or security they sometimes can feel that a child will provide that.

J

just.a.ballerina

It is probably your hormones. Mother nature gets us ready to have a baby when we are wayyy to young!

What do you like about the fact of becoming pregnant??

The bump??
Holding the baby??
The sense of responsibility??

:)
Baring in mind that a pregnancy bump is extremly uncomfortable. I have never been pregnant cos im only 12 but imagine 7 pounds of weight pushing down on your bladder. all your organs being squished in different places. How tired your legs would get!:scared:
If you just want a baby because you like the idea of dressigna baby up and holding the baby and taking him/her for a walk in his/her pram then why dont you buy a reborn baby :) life-like baby dolls which look exactly like a baby and even feel like a baby :clap:
If its the sense of resposibilty you like then why dont you buy a baby thing it over/real care baby/infant simulator! :clap::)(y) they are programmed to cry around the clock and you have to find out whether they need to be fed, have their nappy changed, be burped, be rocked, whether they are just fussy! they even cough, coo and sneeze! they are very cute, im asking for one for xmas :D we looked after them in science. . .

Anyway! reply back to me so I can talk to you :D