• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Obsessed with her

jackshepard

jackshepard

Hi.
I've been in love with that girl since I met her during a holiday camp in 2004. We lost contact & found each other back on Facebook about a year ago. I see her as my best friend but I'm really obsessed with her now, meaning I'm thinkin of her all the time. My dad & my cousin both say it's unhealthy and I think so. I asked her out once but replied she was seeing someone. And from now on everytime I get to see her she has a new boyfriend and as a result I never dared to ask her out, even if she had these weird reactions like suddenly biting my cheek at the restaurant.

So here is my question: how do you get over your best friend without losing her friendship?

Thanks for the support. :hug:

M

maudikie

maudikie.

Dont asnwer the phone to her.
If you see her coming - cross the road.
Find some new friends and a good hobby.
I'm not sure how old you are, but if you are young you'll soon find someone else.
If you are old you will acquire more common sense!:cool:

Sorry that last remark was nasty and I'm nor REALL:dance::stomp:Y nasty (I don't think!):unsure:

jackshepard

jackshepard

So you're telling me to avoid her? I don't know she's the best friend I have and the nicest person I know... It's sad to say but out of all my friends she's one of the only two willing to spend some time with me. I just want to get rid of that unhealthy attachment

By the way, I'm 22, she's 23.

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
I think you either need to get to the stage where you simply accept that you are just good friends (God that sounds cliched!!) or if you can't do that maybe the best thing to do WOULD be to avoid her. You're never going to get over her if you let these feelings for her take over. Have you asked her if there is ever a chance for you two being more than friends. Maybe that way you could accept what she says and not have such an obsession. Sorry if that sounds all doom and gloom but theres more than one pebble on the beach!! Go on now tell me you don't want a pebble you want her. Hope everything goes ok.

jackshepard

jackshepard

I think you either need to get to the stage where you simply accept that you are just good friends
I know this is exactly what will happen if I get a "no" from her. I'm just waiting for a good moment to ask her. Only problem is that I've been waiting since november. :cry: