• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Obsessed with breathing

HannyC

HannyC

So I was diagnosed with panic disorder last year but I’ve suffered over 15 years now. One thing that I seem to circle around on is I get obsessed with my breathing I will feel like I can’t breathe properly work myself up and hyperventilate then I’ll feel fine for awhile and it will happen again. Some days I just feel so breathless all day. I’m on medication and it did help to begin with now I’m back to panicking everyday :(

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
So I was diagnosed with panic disorder last year but I’ve suffered over 15 years now. One thing that I seem to circle around on is I get obsessed with my breathing I will feel like I can’t breathe properly work myself up and hyperventilate then I’ll feel fine for awhile and it will happen again. Some days I just feel so breathless all day. I’m on medication and it did help to begin with now I’m back to panicking everyday :(
Have you spoken to your doctor again about this? Maybe there is something they can do with medication.

I would distract myself if i was focusing on breathing. I think it is something we need to not think about as it is a natural thing, it works on its own well so we don't need to pay attention to it.