Obsessed over going insane!

P

Paklom

Hey people

I suffer from GAD, and health anxiety(hypochondiac). Five months now, i have this obsession over going crazy, fear of developing psychosis or schizophrenia(ive posted here before). My GP says otherwise, its just all in my head but the fear and the anxiety are very hard to convince. Ive been reading a lot about psychosis and any other mental ilness and i cant get it out of my head. I have reccuring unwanted intrisve thoughts almost all the time and i experience derealization and depresonalization a lot. My intrusive thoughts dont cause me anxiety anymore and the fact that they do not cause me anxiety makes me worried. But what bothering me more is the fact that i sometimes think my inner voice is not mine and that makes me terrified. I sometimes say things to myself and then im like, "why did i say that?" "Is that my voice?" Ect.. and that makes me feel bad. Ive labeled myself as crazy. My worst fear is getting locked in a mental institute and that keeps the obsession alive. Dont know how to tackle it for good. At first theraphy was going good but now it feels like im losing it. Im really confused and i think its leading to depression. No matter what my GP says to prove me wrong my mind will alwags find something to relate it with the psychosis/schizophrenia.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

When you say you read up on it all, did you read it up in a book or did you rely on Dr Google? :hug:

Don't believe everything google comes out with :hug:

P

Paklom

When you say you read up on it all, did you read it up in a book or did you rely on Dr Google? :hug:

Don't believe everything google comes out with :hug:

Unfortunately I do. I was desprate to find a label in what i am experiencing so i kept searching on google. I know stupid me, but i couldnt help it. Now, i wish i could forget everthing ive read

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Unfortunately I do. I was desprate to find a label in what i am experiencing so i kept searching on google. I know stupid me, but i couldnt help it. Now, i wish i could forget everthing ive read
google can tell you anything, any symptoms you google it will come up with scary stuff :hug:

even googling about a cough comes up with stuff like lung cancer and newmonia and other bad stuff :hug:

idk if i spelled newmonia right :unsure:

A

Anxietyguy29

Hey Paklom, I hate to hear you are struggling at the moment. Sounds like you may have a little OCD. I have obsessive and intrusive thoughts. Mine are about Suicide. (No I am not suicidal and would never want to do that) but I have this fear and intrusive thoughts of what if I ever get that bad? or what if I actually act on those thoughts even though my rational self knows that I never would. What all have you tried to help with this? Therapy or medicine?