• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Numbers

Zero One

Zero One

I once had an exam and forgot everything so I sat the exam and taught myself everything then forgot it again when I had to answer the questions. Laplace transforms. It was awful.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

I once had an exam and forgot everything so I sat the exam and taught myself everything then forgot it again when I had to answer the questions. Laplace transforms. It was awful.
Oh id say i feel your pain but i passed all mine hehe

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

I wouldn't even want you to feel my pain lol.

I actually passed the exam, though.
Yea this mad scotsman passed all his exams and managed a degree. But still cant hold down a job causd im unhinged haha

jajingna

jajingna

Mathematicians have the reputation for being a bit odd, don't they? My brother was one, a prof at a uni in Canada. He got ill some years ago, brain damage, no more working for him. Shame he was only 53 at the time, now family is looking after him. He still got more money than the rest of us though, think he gets pension, we had his nice house in Montreal sold after the onset of his illness.

Anyway, we used to talk some math. I did some uni courses in it. I recall when I was ill in the past sometimes license plates took on meaning somehow, like it was a little personal message on a random passing car. I'm not sure what sort of delusion that was.