• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Numbers

G

Gredge23

Hi guys/gals

Anyone here have or had a fascination with numbers?

I have a fascination with the number 23 , it started when I was young and not well , felt like it was put in my head by some being , and suddenly it was everywhere , at the start I associated it with dark/evil/badness

Things started to happen to me , like if I found out bad information that will affect me I look at the clock and lo and behold it would be 23:23

I sat down and looked at my life and compiled a list of my problems lo and behold I had 23 problems , I used to lve in a house number 23 kept getting broken into , and it was the first place I can remember hearing voices at a young age when I reflected on my past.

But now I have accepted it , I don't get hooked on it and I use it for some passwords , usernames etc.......

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

I experienced something similar, when I was in sixth-form doing A-Levels.

It was in the late 1980's, and in those days, grades weren't criteria related, bit were norm-referenced. Grades were awarded on a kind of a quota basis, and were inherently competitive. It wasn't possible for everyone to either pass or fail, or for everyone to pass at a particular grade. Today, grades are awarded according to a set standard or benchmark, so it's possible for all to either fall below or above, the various grades bands.

A-Levels used to pass two thirds of candidates, and distribute grades A-E between them, A being the highest award. I think about 5-10 per cent of candidates got an A. But the bottom third were failed. So 66 per cent of candidates were passed, 33 per cent were failed.

I became obsessed with the idea I would be in the bottom third, or the 33 per cent of failures. It seemed every time I looked at a clock, it would be 33 minutes passed the hour. In my bedroom, I had a digital clock. If I walked into my bedroom, or glanced in, the clock was 33 mins past. The same if I awoke in the night.

I took it as a bad omen or something.

I got it wrong though, cos I passed four A-Levels: a grade A in one subject, grade B in two others, and a grade C in another lol :)

Last edited:
G

Gredge23

Ha pretty similar story , went from what we thought was a bad omen , came out the other side :)

To this day it's still with me , I dread the 23rd of every month I'm dreading Thursday already :( but hopefully nothing will happen :)

G

Gredge23

Here's an interesting fact Jim Carey himself had a fascination with the number 23 and he made a film about it , and thers also this video -
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HJW7heKTCTE

Found this video one day when I decided to research this number and its meaning , some pretty freaky facts in that video.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Yeah, I saw that Jim Carrey film.

I never really thought about the number 23 until I moved into my flat.. number 23. I moved in on the 23rd of the month. Then I looked at my date of birth and noticed the numbers added up to 23 (if you don't include the '19' for my birth year).

Anyway, i've heard that with things like this, the more aware you are of something, the more you notice it. It can make it seem like the number 23 for example, is turning up more often that before. But it isn't - you're just observing it more because you're tuned into it.

Nonetheless, I like the concept of Angel Numbers. Some believe that seeing a particular number repeated is a message from the Angels.
Saying that, I think it's probably more mentally healthy to see numbers as just numbers, rather than a message or sign.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Of cos, the only numbers worrying many people at the moment, is the number of votes the Tories might get in the General Election - especially if it's enough for them to form a majority government hehe :LOL: