• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Npower

bulbie

bulbie

I think they are robbing us blind and the people on the money saving expert forum seem to be annoyed at me for being stupid, even insisting that I must owe them money simply because they say they do, and that energy companies do not steal from people.

I could cry. :low:

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

Hi bulbie when I was Npower three years back I had huge problems with them not calculating my bills correctly, owing me money and it was very difficult to get my money back. :hug1:

bulbie

bulbie

So, you agree then,, they are guilty of theft in any context, not just my case?

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

Yes in my opinion it is similar to theft. I know that Watchdog and other consumer rights advocates have been trying to put pressure on energy companies to make it easier for people to get their money back and make the bills more accurate in the first place.

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

How much do you think you are owed? :hug1:

M

M & M reflux

So, you agree then,, they are guilty of theft in any context, not just my case?
Just a thought. Did you make any of the payments by direct debit because if you did you could get a refund through the indemnity scheme. Pop ino your bank and they will refund any disputed payments.
Not everyone knows that.

bulbie

bulbie

Just at a glance close to a hundred to start with. They've just put our bill up by another 50% claiming we are accruing debt when our account shows we've paid it off and then some, but somehow we've still got £337 to pay? Even if that is the case, we have STILL been paying off the debt since it has shrunk by about £100. So why the hell do we need to pay 50% more still to pay off a debt?

Maybe I am just being stupid, but it's not my fault I'm dyslexic, not good with numbers and have constant brain fog.

bulbie

bulbie

All of our payments are by direct debit. Npower are f*****g useless when it comes to making things clear for us. On the same page of our account it says we're in debt but shows we've paid it all off... they're not too quick to explain to us why that is.

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

Yeah I used to have very similar issues. I eventually, after unsuccessfully contacting customer services, wrote formal letters to them and kept going up through the ranks of management.

You could also get watchdog involved or contact the ombudsman
Citizens Advice - Complaining to the energy ombudsman

bulbie

bulbie

I have to have submitted a complaint to Npower first and give them six weeks to acknowledge it. Which I will do, just not today.

I just feel like they're taking advantage of my partner's brain damage or something, and trying to sneak increased payments past the net that way.

We told them already that we have very little money coming in, and the arrangement we came to then involved paying for our usage plus paying toward the debt. So how come suddenly that isn't the case.

It also says on the account that compared to this time last year, we are actually using a third less energy. So how the hell are we accruing a debt if that's the case? The less energy we use, the more we're getting billed. I can't be the only one to think they're being shady. But people at Money Saving Expert just made me feel like I'm a liar and I'm stupid, that obviously I have used all of this extra power, and I should just pay up because an energy company wouldn't lie.

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

I believe you bulbie are you able to switch suppliers, so your direct debits would be fairer. :hug1:

bulbie

bulbie

Would have to speak to the landlord first, but he's got no reason to say no, also I think it could be seen as an unfair agreement if he did refuse to let us change. I hope that is the case. I'm going to contact Citizens Advice too, because this is too much for us both to try and figure out on our own. I've already been called simple today trying to get help by myself.

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

Ignore anyone that says that, you have a problem with N Power and you are trying to sort it, which is sensible. :hug1:

I would use a price comparison website and also look at reviews of each company on the internet, and try to find the best price matched with the best for customer service.

bulbie

bulbie

I will do. Our landlord is a bit dodgy also, so I'm expecting trouble there too. To top it all off I'm also worried about my health, new, different scary things are happening, and my doctors appointment isnt for a week or so yet. This is just too much today. :cry:

Wiseowl

Wiseowl

If you have any issues with your landlord do contact Shelter they can let you know what the law says about your rights, regarding changing energy companies. :hug1: