• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Now it's affecting my work..

A

AussieGirl

I officially can't go to work today because I'm feeling so low. Since being on the epilim chrono I've had

*constant headaches
* terrible nausea
*rapid cycling and very bad mania (throwing things, slapping my partner and being generally hysterical)
* lacking in sleep
* suicidal

I feel much worse since I've been on this medicine. I rang the doctor at 9am this morning to tell them I was scared of what I might do to myself and its' now 10:10am and they still haven't called me back

What is wrong with the metnal health system? If I told them I'd just had a stroke I bet they'd take it seriously

This is horrible, I am so sick of feeling like this
:mad:

S

shell

hey

Sorry your having a rough time on these drugs. I was really poorly when I first started them. Its taken about 2 weeks for things to calm down. Can you take some time off work till you feel better ??? I'm so lucky I have been signed off sick at the moment there is no way I could have gone to work feeling the way I did.
Hope your feeling better soon :flowers::hug:

B

bluebell24

Hi there,

I take epilim too and it did take a while for me to feel the benefits ... same with other meds too, as tho I had to get worse before I got better. I know it's really painful to go through that, especially at work too. Getting signed off for a while is really a good idea if it's possible, or maybe even reduced hours if you think it would help to maintain some kind of routine.

Generally it took a while to find the right meds/combination of meds and to work through initial side-effects. Things are a bit trying for me at the moment & I'm considering having my meds reviewed while also trying to factor in that ant change could mean things being tougher too.

The end goal is really worth it tho when you find what works; I actually feel like a functioning person again now and I wasn't sure that was possible even 6 months ago.

Good luck & try to keep going thru the rough times. : )

max

max

Sorry to hear you are feeling poorly just now, I agree it would be good if you could have some time off work; Is that feasable? what kind of work do you do..I have just returned to work after some time off, I was starting new meds and couldnt manage to get up and out while getting used to them, lot of sickness and so very exhausted.. Now a few months down the line Im feeling much more able to cope and maybe the same would happen for you

A

AussieGirl

hi there, i had to quit my job today, getting signed off wasn't really an option over here and i don't even know if i would have been eligible...i was a pr manager in an international company, so my job had a lot of weight behind it and alot of responsibility, it's a wonder i held it together in the first place to be honest....

i guess at least i get to see my family but i want to be back in the uk within the year, i love london :(

they confiscated my epilim so now i err have nothing? and i dont know what to do