• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Now I feel worse

• Thread starter TheSadnessWillLastForever
  • Start date
TheSadnessWillLastForever

TheSadnessWillLastForever

My mom noticed new SH marks on my legs (a lot) and she was super surprised and asked me why? I told her life gets too overwhelming for me and shE ROLLED HER EYES at me and said "Nothing that's happened in your life has even been overwhelming." I said "Thanks Mom, that helps me feel better." And ahe shrugged and walked away. I don't think she even cares that I'm clearly in pain and struggling, not enough to notice the warning signs and try to help me. I am fighting everyday against suicidal ideation and I'm fighting alone because no one knows how bad it is despite all my cries for help. I don't know how much longer I can take this life, I just need it to stop. What should I do? Someone please help me.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I'm so sorry, that was very invalidating.

The point i think is, you are unwell, and therefore life can be overwhelming.

If you were well, life would not feel overwhelming.

Are you depressed?

Without support, it can be harder to get better. My family did not say such things, and helped me a lot, and even then, i nearly died and it was very hard.

Please remember we are here and we understand how you feel.

maggie0123

maggie0123

I relate to you a lot on this to be invalidated, ignored, and neglected by your parents. My mom had obviously seen my self-harm marks which I tried hiding from my family but she was able to see it anyway. I hope this would be some kind of consolation for you, a week ago, she pulled my arm because I was going away from her when she was talking to me and she saw my self-harm marks and she was like "what's this wound" like in a joking way, and then she just ignored it. There are a couple of times when I would catch a glance of her looking at my self-harm marks and she would just ignore it completely and not ask whether I'm okay or what's wrong. And my parents are like that for everything, they also never acknowledge my feelings, or any existing problems in the family. It caused me a lot of damage, resentment, bitterness towards them that I can no longer stand being with them.

It's not easy having parents who never acknowledge your feelings, who are not good emotional support, that you feel neglected, ignored and it took me so long to realize that I can never change how they are, how they behave and most things about emotional and mental health are things I had to teach and learn myself because no one taught me those things. But I hope you find comfort in knowing that I relate to you a lot, but in no way am I downplaying what you've been through. Please feel free to message me if you want to talk about what you are going through, I am willing to listen.

bpd2020

bpd2020

I am so sorry your mum said that to you. She is wrong. Your feelings are important and they are valid. I think you really need to talk to your doctor. You have been battling with harming yourself for a while now and it is something that needs support. Please do not try to deal with this on your own. Your mum may not be able to help and understand but this does not mean there are not people who will.

Optrex

Optrex

Hello, sorry about your experience with mum i can understand how invalidating and frustrated that is... if you carnt get support from your family then reach out to trusted friends maby?? tough one i know. If not them then go see your doctor they are trained professionals and are there only to help you.

There is no excuse for how your mum reacted... she just doesnt understand, how could she, shes never been to that place.....

You are not alone we are all here for you!!

Stay safe

Book addict

Book addict

My mom noticed new SH marks on my legs (a lot) and she was super surprised and asked me why? I told her life gets too overwhelming for me and shE ROLLED HER EYES at me and said "Nothing that's happened in your life has even been overwhelming." I said "Thanks Mom, that helps me feel better." And ahe shrugged and walked away. I don't think she even cares that I'm clearly in pain and struggling, not enough to notice the warning signs and try to help me. I am fighting everyday against suicidal ideation and I'm fighting alone because no one knows how bad it is despite all my cries for help. I don't know how much longer I can take this life, I just need it to stop. What should I do? Someone please help me.
It's frustrating as hell, because no matter what, families should always be there for you. Even if they don't completely understand what you are are going through, that doesn't excuse them from listening to and supporting you. But it is a sad fact that they are not always a help. But that doesn't mean you should give up or that you are beyond help. Far from it. It just means that you need to look to others for help. Either friends, other family members, professionals or even through sites like this. Just having someone understand and relate to what you are feeling and going through can be a bigger help than you'd think. So stay strong and stay safe! 😊❤

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Self Harm Forum 4
L Self Harm Forum 3
L Self Harm Forum 13
elliepaige20 Self Harm Forum 12
K Self Harm Forum 5