• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Nothing left

L

Littlewarrior

@Kannon

I crave physical contact but I also can’t do it because of my history.
I stopped even being able to let my now ex husband hug me. Probably why it ended.

I used to think I loved getting hugs and giving hugs. I’m not sure why that changed.

L

Littlewarrior

@Tawny

No sorry needed 🤗

I am a little better now thank you.

L

Littlewarrior

@Kannon

Yes it feels unsafe to me now. It’s strange, I honestly thought I wasn’t affected too much by my past trauma, then it all flooded me at once, years later. I guess I had to get to the right place to be able to begin processing it all.
The aversion to being touched has become worse since I’ve been in therapy, I guess the stuff that’s surfaced is making me hyper vigilant, more so than normal.

Kannon

Kannon

@Littlewarrior I'm in the peculiar position of being averse to it while also wanting it, but I want it from other people. Not just immediate family. I've been too accustomed to immediate family is sort of doesn't feel real, you know? Hard to explain, I just get little comfort from it. But that might be also the case with other people, I just haven't found out yet.