• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Not well

jax

jax

I am experiencing the 'labile' symptoms again. My mood is going from sobbing, to joking, to feeling panic to just about anything all in 10 minutes. The nurse I saw today asked me to see the home treatment team. I was hesitant. In the end - I agreed to see them. I know that i need help as I feel so unwell. I am dissociating. Hallucinating. Self harming on a very regular basis. I just want to be well.
Jacqui

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
I am experiencing the 'labile' symptoms again. My mood is going from sobbing, to joking, to feeling panic to just about anything all in 10 minutes. The nurse I saw today asked me to see the home treatment team. I was hesitant. In the end - I agreed to see them. I know that i need help as I feel so unwell. I am dissociating. Hallucinating. Self harming on a very regular basis. I just want to be well.
Jacqui

Aww jax, not mush I can say but I'm thinking of you and hope you feel better soon and heres a great big hug to help you on your way xxx:grouphug:

Lynnie B

Lynnie B

What labile symptoms jac??

Have you seen the treatment team yet? Are you ok? Do you think its the meds makin you more unstable??

xx:hug:xx

jax

jax

The home treatment team came - it was a guy I just don't get on with. After a short while - I asked them to leave. He really upset me. I got so upset when they left - I called the day hospital. They asked me to come over. Luckily I could hide my tears with my brolly. The day hospital has assured that they will give me intensive care. See me daily and offer groups and OT.

The labile symptoms I have are suddenly breaking into tears - then talking very quickly laughing - then feeling angry - then depressed all in a matter of 5 minutes. I told a friend last night that i felt like she would think I was putting this on as one minute I was in tears and the next - no tears and I was joking. She said it was clear to her that I was ill and most definitely not putting it on. She said that you couldn't put that on. You'd need to be a fantastic actress. I just feel so mad - crazy!!

Lynnie - I have never been stable for longer than a few weeks. I don't think the medicines are causing this - it is just my illness.

Thanks to you and unlucky for the replies. x :thx:
Jacqui

Lynnie B

Lynnie B

Aww Jac i am really feelin for you.. At glad they will give you intensive care! You need all the support you can get...

Sorry i cant be of much help as i have never experience what you are goin throu, but am always here if you need to talk..

Im glad you have a friend who you can talk to too, thats important..

Good luck and take care... will be thinkin of you xxxx:hug:

jax

jax

Thanks Lynnie x x x Your reply means a lot. The psychiatric services here iN Belfast have change completely. Instead of there being no beds in hospital - there are some times as many as 9 available. The home treatment team is trying to keep people out of hospital. I think they are causing a lot of problems and making a lot of sick people try to make it on the outside.

I am going to write a note to that guy that came out today. He was in charge of the home treatment house when I was there a few months ago. I was the longest stay person there. As soon as he came on the scene - I was discharged a few days late. He does not like and i do not like him. I wasn;t nasty today to him. I just said that I would like him to leave. He did a long with the lady with him. His note will be posted tomorrow.
Jacqui

Lynnie B

Lynnie B

Yeh i think you should write a letter about that man. I ended up complainin about a psychiatrist who i saw not so long ago. She was horrible to be and her comments and actions nearly sent me over the edge..

I dont understand why someone people go into that professional when they dont want to help you... Its very frustrating.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

T

tegansmama

Sorry to hear you're not well. I know there isn't much other people can say but I hope you're better soon and I agree that its wrong that they are trying so hard to keep people at home. I had an appt today and Pdoc said to me "Can you cope for another two weeks?".... What do they want us to do? Scream at them?

Get well soon :grouphug:

S

shelly

I hope you are feeling a little better today Jax, it must be awful for you. Just take Care of yourself :flowers:

L

lite_

Hey there,

I have a story :D

I woke up one summers morning with a strange sensation thinking I had a serious medical condition indicated by some pain in my nether-region. I sprung into action, dialled the emergency services, woke up the household packed my bags and waited. The paramedics zipped down the road and banged on the door, slightly surprised about the prompt medical service, I ran downstairs. The medics asked me who the patient was I said 'me and thank heavens your here', they instantly went on the attack and shouted at me all the way to the hospital. By this time I was extremely labile.

But i did find the root cause of the problem, the reason why I was labile. It was an underlying problem. So if you are labile, then there is a reason even if its difficult to find.

I went home and typed out all the emotions i felt and then i typed out all of my ideals and i just looked at them the words didn't dissapear as a new emotion surfaced i found that enclosed around my anger was other emotions. and it gave me an insight i was now on a mission to find out why i was so scared. I found out that i place my trust in people holding the same ideals to an impeccable standard and if so then we live in a very safe world, but I didn't feel very safe because my ideals weren't anywhere to be found being demoralized made me prone to being labile and acting out of my inherent fear.

Fear
Surprise
Anger
Shock
Dread

Truth
Justice
Wisdom
Honesty
Honour

I am scared of being unprepared, so i now learn different survival skills it gives me confidence.

Hope it helps
Best wishes
xx

Last edited: