• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Not well at all.

M

Mr S

I was diagnosed with PTSD back in December.

I thought it was just really bad anxiety at first. I couldn’t put my finger on one of the symptoms, though.

I explained the symptom to a co worker. I said "when I’m around lots of people, or when I have been put in a situation, when I feel threatened. I feel as though, I’m not in the room, like it’s all a dream. Non of it is real"?

my co worker then said that it could be dissociation.

I told my therapist and they told me that dissociation is a whole other mental health condition.

it means split personality.

Dissociative Identity Disorder.

however, my therapist said a symptom of PTSD is dissociation.

I’m really not coping at the moment. I’m certainly not fit for work. My life is a complete struggle at the moment. I’m close to the edge.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hi Mr. S I’m sorry to hear that you are having trouble coping at the moment. Is there anything we can do to help?

M

Mr S

I’m just venting. Apart from on here. I don’t discuss my problems. I’ll be alright, though.

thank you.

S

SunnyDaze

Hi there @Mr S

I'm sorry you're struggling. Is your therapist teaching you coping skills?

Everyone on the planet dissociates.it's on a spectrum. It doesn't mean split personality or DID. And it is only considered a disorder if it impacts your life in negative,harmful ways.

And dissociation usually goes hand in hand with PTSD.

Here's some info

Hugs