• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

    If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

    Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Not sure where to start...


Little 'un

New member
Apr 10, 2010
Im not sure where to start or which forum I belong in, but I know I need help.

Most of the time I am a perfectly logical and sensible person, but on occasion I have horrendous tempers and frustration that I have no control over. I want to scream. I cry. I throw things. I want to hit things, and sometimes I want to hurt myself to take my emotional pain away. I can feel the frustration building but I can do nothing to stop it. I end up hurting the people around me, and the moment my anger subsides I feel dreadfully guilty, which results in crying and needy behaviour.

The worst part of it is an absolute fear of any medical professional hurting my partner whilst I am not there to comfort him (I think this may stem from a bad experience I had as a teenager). In my rational times I know that this is silly, but when Im worked up the mere thought of it can reduce me to tears, shaking and vomiting. I then try to push him away so that if anything happens to him, it can't hurt me.

I don't want to feel this angry. I don't want to loose my partner by pushing him away. I know I'm being silly but I don't know what to do.

What can I do to help myself? How can I control this? Does anyone else get like this?


Well-known member
Oct 15, 2009
country cottage

i just read your post and agree with you that you need some help. its good that you recognize that. if i were you i would go and see your gp, and ask for some help, and possibly some councelling. theres a lot of help available these days, you dont need to suffer alone. keep posting. i have found this site to be invaluable.:grouphug:


Active member
Apr 17, 2010
I agree that you need to seek help but I believe that your GP may not be knowledgeable enough to properly treat this. I would be inclined to think it may be Bipolar but that there are even personality disorders that can be co morbid w/ the Bipolar or even do a good job of mimicking it. There is really too little info given to make an accurate assessment. The point here is that you need a qualified professional to assess what you are going through to make a proper diagnosis. Don't get me wrong, GP's are wonderful and are expected to know a lot about everything. I think this is too much to ask from anyone. Psychiatrists are specialists who deal in the mental health field that is more of an art than a science (although both apply) I also reccommend a qualified therapist to help you deal w/ some of the more complex psychological issues that you have disclosed.

Last edited:
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
I Not sure I’ve ever said hi Introduce Yourself 7
A Hi Im 18 and Im not sure if Im okay Introduce Yourself 6
A I'm not sure how to start, but I think I need to let this go. Introduce Yourself 6
M Hello, not sure if I should be here Introduce Yourself 6
I Not sure what I plan to get from this. Introduce Yourself 12
Gaijin Gabber Im sure im not the only one joining today... Introduce Yourself 95
N Not sure if i'm depressed or just down, are they the same? Introduce Yourself 6
A Anxiety? Depression? Both? Im not sure... Introduce Yourself 1
W Not sure who I am Introduce Yourself 2
M Hi, I need help, I'm not sure what is happening to me Introduce Yourself 5
L Not sure Introduce Yourself 5
S Hello everyone. Not sure if I have health anxiety or something else Introduce Yourself 4
C Ah, here was where I was meant to start... Introduce Yourself 11
N Where should I start from? Introduce Yourself 4
E Where to start? Introduce Yourself 6
M Caregiver help question. My daughter is 22 with Schizoaffective. I need help and don't know where to go. Introduce Yourself 6
J Where to start? Introduce Yourself 5
O Where to start? Introduce Yourself 2
E Where do I fit and what do I do Introduce Yourself 5
B Where to even start ? Introduce Yourself 1
F Figuring out where I need help... Introduce Yourself 4
bellarosa Where do I even start? Introduce Yourself 5
J Looking for some help on where to start with my mother. Introduce Yourself 7
S Where do i start! Introduce Yourself 2
D Guess I'll start here Introduce Yourself 10
B I can't finish anything i start, i'm a quitter. Introduce Yourself 3
M My Health Anxiety Experience from Start To Present (Warning Long Read) Introduce Yourself 3

Similar threads