• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Not sure where to post this

M

MIA

But, along with various other issues I have, I seem to be intently and irrationally scared of all sorts of things. Night time, being on my own etc can just send me into a scared little ball of fear!

I just wont be on my own at the moment, would rather be with someone I hate than no one. Im scared people are going to break into my house and hurt my daughter and I run through all sorts of scenario's in detail, some of them are horrific. Im scared of ghosts, although Ive never seen one.

I must say, I wouldnt be posting this if it were just regular fear, but its OTT fear, and its irrational, and its affecting my life. For example, last time my partner went out for the whole night and left me by myself I ended up barricading myself in my room with his hunting gun. :unsure:

Can anyone advise on what this might be relating to?

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Is there anything in your life thats stressing you out or that you feel you can't control? I get irrational fears about my daughter and my husband and contantly think something bad is going to happen to them, I'm only happy when they are in the house or my daughter is at my mums. If you feel this is affecting your life maybe you should go and see your gp and talk to him about it. Sorry I can't suggest too much but I think a lot of people have these fears so don't feel you are alone x

M

MIA

Yeah Im not even happy when they are both in the house with me! I dont think there is anything in my current life that I dont feel in control of. I am currently taking fluoxetine for depression and anxiety, only 3 days into treatment so maybe this fear will subside when they kick in.

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Anti D's can take about 4 weeks to kick in so bear with it and hopefully things will get better!!