Not sure where to post this.. Antibiotics and anxiety

C

cweb7

Hi,

Not sure where to post this, but I was wondering if anyone has ever been on Nitrofurantoin (antibiotics) for a UTI, and felt really ill with taking them. Not the labelled side affects like nausea, vomiting etc but a feeling of generally feeling unwell like you have the flu?

I’m just worrying as it’s clearing the infection but the feeling unwell isn’t helping my anxiety and it’s making it worse! Any experiences would be appreciated x

J

just me Amy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
yes i been on that medication with UTI before Nitrofurantoin honestly i believe its the infection plus side effects of medication, you will start to feel better each day if not go back to the doctor

J

just me Amy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
oh and i have a generalized anxiety disorder so i know have you feel its like you in high anxiety with it.

C

cweb7

i started the antibiotics last friday, i felt a lot better and the symptoms of the uti dissapeared.. they gave me 7 days worth, i didn’t take any yesterday as i was due to have a procedure at the dentist, and actually felt a lot better yesterday for not taking them! i took one again today and i’ve been in bed since finishing work, i just feel so awful on them 😩 i have GAD too, i think this exacerbates the anxiety!!x

N

natalie

I would try to have Pregabalin for anxiety, I take that now for my specific anxiety conditions, and I happy swear by it for longer and lasting acting medication for anxiety, I am on only a low dose, and have noted specifc improvements. I would go to your GP.

C

cweb7

I would try to have Pregabalin for anxiety, I take that now for my specific anxiety conditions, and I happy swear by it for longer and lasting acting medication for anxiety, I am on only a low dose, and have noted specifc improvements. I would go to your GP.
thankyou! i think i’m going to have to speak to my GO again

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Treatments 4
S Treatments 1