• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Not sure what to do anymore

Screechout

Screechout

I've been super low recently to the point I've come very close to attempting to take my own life again. I'm also finding it very hard to deal with what I feel is rejection from others, I have constant fear that everyone is leaving me all the time whether it be the people in the mental health team or my friends, it's so overbearing.

I feel like I'm constantly hurting inside 24/7 with no breaks or nothing and I don't know what else to do to stop the pain sometimes, these last few days have been particularly bad. Just lately I feel like the little hope I had inside of me is slowly fading away and I'm trying not to go back to the same place where I was in my head last year in the summer.

I have someone in the mental health team who is very good and supportive but I think she's done with me and can no longer help me anymore and I'm heartbroken at that fact because I really put my trust in her.

Kind of just wanted to rant a little because I'm feeling very overwhelmed with emotion and I'm just not coping with life at all atm

A

Aurelius

I've been super low recently to the point I've come very close to attempting to take my own life again. I'm also finding it very hard to deal with what I feel is rejection from others, I have constant fear that everyone is leaving me all the time whether it be the people in the mental health team or my friends, it's so overbearing.

I feel like I'm constantly hurting inside 24/7 with no breaks or nothing and I don't know what else to do to stop the pain sometimes, these last few days have been particularly bad. Just lately I feel like the little hope I had inside of me is slowly fading away and I'm trying not to go back to the same place where I was in my head last year in the summer.

I have someone in the mental health team who is very good and supportive but I think she's done with me and can no longer help me anymore and I'm heartbroken at that fact because I really put my trust in her.

Kind of just wanted to rant a little because I'm feeling very overwhelmed with emotion and I'm just not coping with life at all atm

Welcome to the forum Rosscl. If you think friends and the person in the mental health team are deserting or rejecting you - check with them first before acting on your assumptions. Our minds can play terrible games with our lives when we are feeling as low as you are feeling at the moment. If we allow our thoughts to erroneously mislead us, we can make really bad decisions and wind up in a truly awful self-destructive cycle that just feeds off itself. Please try not to go there....

Screechout

Screechout

Welcome to the forum Rosscl. If you think friends and the person in the mental health team are deserting or rejecting you - check with them first before acting on your assumptions. Our minds can play terrible games with our lives when we are feeling as low as you are feeling at the moment. If we allow our thoughts to erroneously mislead us, we can make really bad decisions and wind up in a truly awful self-destructive cycle that just feeds off itself. Please try not to go there....
It's something that I'm trying to work on, it's extremely difficult. Especially when I feel like the only support that I have at the moment within my care team is this particular person. But you are right the mind can play some terrible tricks on us unfortunately, right now I'm just swaying back on forth with my thoughts trying to tame there is proving very difficult in times of crisis. Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post! I appreciate it a lot!

G

Girl interupted

We tend to put all our eggs in one basket, so that if anything even minor happens with that one person or focus, whether perceived or real, it can have such a massive impact on mood.

I don’t know about you, but when I get into the Headspace you are in now, I forget that others are human with their own problems ... and I perceive any shift in mood from them as being something I’ve done. In reality, they’ve had an argument with their spouse, or they didn’t get the promotion they wanted, so their energy is different.

Try really hard to recognize that their shift in mood is likely to do with something else and not you. Then ask them about it. Start with “I feel like you are upset with me” or “I feel something is wrong” ... then they can respond.

But don’t let your mind convince you that you did something, when it could be any number of things that have nothing to do with you.

Be strong. You can do it.

Screechout

Screechout

I'm really trying but I'm struggling very, very much. I'm in constant emotional pain. I'm trying to tell myself to be strong but I don't know if I can anymore. I just want my emotional pain to end, but it's never ending and I'm not sure how much of it I can take to be honest.

A

Aurelius

I'm really trying but I'm struggling very, very much. I'm in constant emotional pain. I'm trying to tell myself to be strong but I don't know if I can anymore. I just want my emotional pain to end, but it's never ending and I'm not sure how much of it I can take to be honest.
It sounds like you have been so busy and so emotionally taken up with supporting your ex-girlfriend that you have forgotten or more likely overlooked getting support for your own emotional needs. You need to do that right away. If there is not a family member or friend who you can turn to, then go and talk to your doctor - your own well-being and health need to be your focus now....

Screechout

Screechout

It sounds like you have been so busy and so emotionally taken up with supporting your ex-girlfriend that you have forgotten or more likely overlooked getting support for your own emotional needs. You need to do that right away. If there is not a family member or friend who you can turn to, then go and talk to your doctor - your own well-being and health need to be your focus now....
The person I was referencing to in my previous post is not a ex girlfriend she is a mental health professional who has been helping me a lot with my problems but I feel like she is no longer able to support me (sorry for the confusion!) I have a pretty intense fear of losing people, someone else who was supporting me within my local mental health team left their job post late last year and it devastated me because I was actually making a lot of progress with him as well.

My impulsivity is probably at it's worst it's been in a while and my mood swings are pretty dreadful lately and my paranoia is also been super bad over the last two weeks as well. Just feel like I can't find the light at the end of the tunnel and that living is a never ending nightmare.

G

Girl interupted

Hang in there, I’ve been there. And I know exactly what you mean that the pain is too much.

But you also know these overwhelming feelings are temporary. You just have to do what you can to endure.

If you sit alone with your thoughts, it will get worse. Try mindful meditation. There’s an app called Headspace that has helped me. Do something that occupies your mind, so your mind doesn’t run away with you. Even a jigsaw puzzle. Anything.

This. Is. Temporary. It may not feel like it now, but it is.

A

Aurelius

The person I was referencing to in my previous post is not a ex girlfriend she is a mental health professional who has been helping me a lot with my problems but I feel like she is no longer able to support me (sorry for the confusion!) I have a pretty intense fear of losing people, someone else who was supporting me within my local mental health team left their job post late last year and it devastated me because I was actually making a lot of progress with him as well.

My impulsivity is probably at it's worst it's been in a while and my mood swings are pretty dreadful lately and my paranoia is also been super bad over the last two weeks as well. Just feel like I can't find the light at the end of the tunnel and that living is a never ending nightmare.

Rosscl my apologies for the misunderstanding, I hope that it did not add to your distress. Is it possible to say why you feel your mental health professional is no longer able to support you? Is there any chance that your fears about this reflect your current paranoia or are there more specific reasons to doubt whether she can continue to help you?