• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Not sure what is wrong with me

Y

yahoy_

I’ve been suffering with depression and mild anxiety for about 4 years.

Now i’ve noticed in the past 2 years that i’ve gotten worse. it’s gotten to the point where i’m getting paranoid about tiny things. Something breaks? Instantly panicking. Someone hasn’t spoke to me for a while?they most definitely hate me.

It’s affecting me very badly. I’ve tried to explain it to people in my life but they just look at me stupid. I’ve looked up my feelings hoping that someone else has the exact same problem as me but i haven’t found anything.

I thought it was bpd, but i have no idea. I’m anxious to go to a doctor has i feel like they’ll judge me and whenever i speak to someone about my mental heath i immediately go blank.

Any help would be great Thank you!

jajingna

jajingna

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Seeing a doctor sounds like the smart thing to do. Their job is helping people, not judging them. They're often so busy with numerous patients anyway, some with the same issues as yourself. In that case you may just be one of many people that doctor sees on that day.

Depression and anxiety are common problems even if people don't talk about them much. A general family doctor hears about those problems all the time I imagine. Maybe you'll just get a prescription if you see one. That could help you feel better.

I've been thinking about this recently too though I'd rather stay off the pills. Sometimes my anxiety is giving me distress.

N

natalie

Yep, do go and see a doctor, now if they won't be able to be obliging about mental health, then they'll refer you onto CMHT, commuity mental health team. Now this could takes weeks, in the normal way of things. Therefore your, best bet would be to contact crisis team, attached cmht, and they'll assess you, either both over the phone, or in in person st andng 2 meters away, and point you in the right direction.

Or better still, contact an out off hours on call standby doctor.

N

natalie

Just one other thing, we at MHF, cannot diagnose, you, thsi must be done profesionally, they can do assessments, and write up suitable med, from cmh t.

S

sadgirl

Please do go and see your gp and ask them to refer you to your community mental health team they will be able to meet with you and diagnose you